Don't be shy

Good morning everyone. Snowy and cold in Central PA. Only 3 more months until Lake Raystown opens - can't wait. The Harfords

Hi, just joined the forum. We purchased a 20sli in october and are very excited to get it in the water come spring. This is our first pontoon, we have alwayys had ski boats in the past and are looking forward to the comfort and ease of a pontoon. We live in Lawrence Kansas [Jayhawk country] and camp at Perry lake nearby. We have a 35' Open Road camper and a pair of Sea Doo GTX's and get out as often as possible. Spring can't come soon enough!! Hope to see you on the water! Geoffrey & Brenda

Welcome Geoffrey and Brenda!

Stepping up in the world from ski boats to a pontoon eh? :D

Bet that makes for nice platform to use the Sea Doos from.

Hi, just joined the forum. We purchased a 20sli in october and are very excited to get it in the water come spring. This is our first pontoon, we have alwayys had ski boats in the past and are looking forward to the comfort and ease of a pontoon. We live in Lawrence Kansas [Jayhawk country] and camp at Perry lake nearby. We have a 35' Open Road camper and a pair of Sea Doo GTX's and get out as often as possible. Spring can't come soon enough!! Hope to see you on the water! Geoffrey & Brenda

hello from iowa, looking at buying a 2011 22fs1 fishing pontoon for the family. trying to decide what yamaha motor to put on it, the four stroke 90 or the 115 hp. any advice? cant wait untill spring. p.s we will be boating on the mississippi river.

Hello from NE Iowa on the Mississippi River bought a 2575RCW in October and waiting for spring... Grand kids cant wait either !! Love those Benningtons.. B)

hello from iowa, looking at buying a 2011 22fs1 fishing pontoon for the family. trying to decide what yamaha motor to put on it, the four stroke 90 or the 115 hp. any advice? cant wait untill spring. p.s we will be boating on the mississippi river.
I would go with the 115 more motor and probably as good or better fuel mileage over the 90...Just my thoughts :)

Hello, Chuck from Cincinnati, Ohio. Lodder's Marine sent my order into the factory on Friday for our new toon. 2275GCW. with elliptical toons with lifting strakes. Getting a 115 Merc 4 stroke. This is replacing our 95 Crest Savannah I/O, which needs new interior. Plan on expanding our boating season, since our other 2 boats are I/Os. We boat on Lake Cumberland Ky so putting 50-100 miles a day on the boat is the norm.....

Yamaha's website has evaluations for various HP motors on various Bennington hulls that provides fuel economy, gallons per hour, max MPH, peak crusing speed vs. fuel economy, etc. You may be able to find your exact combination or one that will give you a good idea of general specs.

I own a 10MY 2275 GLi w/ 115HP 4S Yamaha. The extra HP is worth the money, especially when you have a loaded boat.

Like others on here, I'm excited about our new Bennington. It's the 2011 2275 GCW with a Yamaha F150. We pick it up next week only to put it in storage until Apr/May.

I do have some questions and have received answers from several folks on other sites but haven't heard or seen any official Bennington spokesman answer as of yet.

1) Is it acceptable to pull a person on a tube with a ski pylon? (According to my dealer...it is okay to pull a tube and that he had never heard it wasn't acceptable). Some say if the tube plows under water then it puts too much strain on the pylon and they have been know to bend or even break. I definitely don't want to do anything to damage my new boat and it would be nice to get a clear cut answer.

2) Does Bennington have any opinions to using Sharkhide on their toons? Does it, in any way, degrade the metal. I have seen where folks apply this to the toons to keep them looking new for years.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to getting some official answers for my piece of mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, gary from bolingbrook Illinois here. Just purchaced a 2575rli with a 200 yammaha, and can't wait to get it in the water this spring.

Hi we are the Austin's and live in Western North Carolina. We just purchased a 2011 Bennington 20' SLi. We are new to pontoon boating and chose a Bennington because of the high quaility Bennington puts into its final product. We have lived on Moss Lake for two years and have decided to enjoy the water with friends and family.

We are really looking forward to getting out on the lake in a few weeks and enjoying our new boat. My wife and I are all about learning as much as we can about our new hobby.

Cheers!

Dave & Kathy

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello to all. New pontoon owner in the works here. We have an 11 2275RCW coming later in the spring. It will have the 250 Mercury Verado on it. Have been around boats a long time. Just finally took the plunge so to speak. Looking forward to many years of fun on the lake in our own boat.

Hello everyone! We purchased our 2275 in 2003 and she still gets looks on the lake. Of course it doesn't help she flys a flag with michgan and ohio state that says house divided. She is docked at berlin lake in ohio, with several trips to the ohio river a year. On occacsion has visited Ocean City Maryland. She has raised on boy and his friends and is currently raising a 8 year old girl and her friends. Smoked the orginal engine last summer and waiting on the new one (used) to arrive from fl. Will try to get some pic up soon.

Hello, We are first time Bennington owners. Purchased a 2008 2275Rli tritoon with 150 Yamaha four stroke last summer from a local dealer. Boat had 14hrs at that time currently has 152hrs. Waiting for spring to hopefully put even more ticks on the clock. Best wishes from beautiful Lake Texoma.

Like others on here, I'm excited about our new Bennington. It's the 2011 2275 GCW with a Yamaha F150. We pick it up next week only to put it in storage until Apr/May.

I do have some questions and have received answers from several folks on other sites but haven't heard or seen any official Bennington spokesman answer as of yet.

1) Is it acceptable to pull a person on a tube with a ski pylon? (According to my dealer...it is okay to pull a tube and that he had never heard it wasn't acceptable). Some say if the tube plows under water then it puts too much strain on the pylon and they have been know to bend or even break. I definitely don't want to do anything to damage my new boat and it would be nice to get a clear cut answer.

2) Does Bennington have any opinions to using Sharkhide on their toons? Does it, in any way, degrade the metal. I have seen where folks apply this to the toons to keep them looking new for years.

Thanks for reading and I'm looking forward to getting some official answers for my piece of mind.

Hello skeptic. We try not to jump into the Club Bennington banter, simply monitor it. However, we will try to address your questions for the good of all!

Bennington offers ski tow bars and ski pylons, depending on the stern configuration. Both tubing and skiing are fine with our tow bars and pylons, and as you can see from our website, multiple tubes are fine, too. HOWEVER, you should never haul an empty tube. Inertia, an empty tube and high horsepower can cause a ski tow to bend. If the tube is big and flat, it may get dug below the water, which will act as a sea anchor while the boat is at speed, usually in a turn. You'll certainly feel the boat decelerate. If you pull off the throttle quickly, the pylon or bar will be fine. If your pylon or bar becomes bent so it is unusable, Bennington typically replaces them free of charge. (Always depends on the circumstances!)

DO NOT pull parasails or other boats with a ski tow bar or pylon!

Now, on to Sharkhide. Sharkhide will not hurt aluminum. It does a nice job of keeping the tube looking clean for several years, at least where fenders and trailers do not rub hard on the tubes. If you leave the boat in the lake year-round, the initial application may not last as long. Touch-up and maintenance to Sharkhide years later can be quite involved and we do not have experience with this. Sharkhide is toxic in the liquid form and can be difficult to apply evenly. Please contact the manufacturer directly for more information.

Last edited:
Hello skeptic. We try not to jump into the Club Bennington banter, simply monitor it. However, we will try to address your questions for the good of all!

Bennington offers ski tow bars and ski pylons, depending on the stern configuration. Both tubing and skiing are fine with our tow bars and pylons, and as you can see from our website, multiple tubes are fine, too. HOWEVER, you should never haul an empty tube. Inertia, an empty tube and high horsepower can cause a ski tow to bend. If the tube is big and flat, it may get dug below the water, which will act as a sea anchor while the boat is at speed, usually in a turn. You'll certainly feel the boat decelerate. If you pull off the throttle quickly, the pylon or bar will be fine. If your pylon or bar becomes bent so it is unusable, Bennington typically replaces them free of charge. (Always depends on the circumstances!)

DO NOT pull parasails or other boats with a ski tow bar or pylon!

Now, on to Sharkhide. Sharkhide will not hurt aluminum. It does a nice job of keeping the tube looking clean for several years, at least where fenders and trailers do not rub hard on the tubes. If you leave the boat in the lake year-round, the initial application may not last as long. Touch-up and maintenance to Sharkhide years later can be quite involved and we do not have experience with this. Sharkhide is toxic in the liquid form and can be difficult to apply evenly. Please contact the manufacturer directly for more information.
I strongly encourage your "jumping into the banter." Often, the "inside scoop" is needed in order to dispell rumors or misinformation from owners, dealers (yes, them too) and the media. "Straight from the horse's mouth" is often the best info and a hallmark of honest, transparent companies. Jump in any time.

Just purchased a 2575 QCW I/O in Texas. It is absolutely beautiful. I can't wait to get it on the water.

The Scheibelhut Family

Back