Double bimini top

Follis4

Reaction score
Hey every one I have a 2015 24' bennington and I'm trying to find a double bimini top for it. Want it to have the same 1 1-4" square tubing. I live in California and close to havasu. I either want to purchase and install myself or if it's a fair price have a company install

I have done this on my previous Benny, a 2013 22 SLX 115 hp, and actually ordered from dealer a factory front bimini frame and all hardware to mount it. It cost $600+ just 2 years ago. It comes full size 8 1/2' wide and like 7' tall so oversize shipping is big money. I then mounted it at recommended measurements and had a boat upholstery shop build all new bimini tops out of Sunbrella for around $2,000 additional. Then, saw a used Benny that had all the options I really want and traded my 2013 for a 2017 22 SSRCX with F150 SPS, etc. I priced the proper front factory bimini frame and hardware with dealer and now was told it would be $960 with shipping!!!!! I was shocked and decided to find another way. I found an eeville bimini 4 bow frame kit at a damaged box auction site on internet and am using parts to assemble a 2 bow frame that I can mount on front. It is much lighter 1" square aluminum tubing compared to factory. I went to a metal seller and bought 1 1/4" aluminum 1/8" thick wall square tubing that will sleeve over the 1" tubing (straight section uprights) to big time beef it up . I then ordered some 1 1/4" mounting hardware off of internet and will soon mount it. I found 1 1/4" adjustable support legs also. Then found overstock new factory Bimini identical to current cover with a matching boot! So plan is to put brand new bimini cover on rear frame, put the 3 yr old cover on front frame and have boat upholstery shop add zipper and cut front old cover to fit and sew to zipper. You might want to search Great Lakes Skipper for overstock Bennington parts that might be what you need.

Well thank you I appreciate the info
Not sure if your still looking for front bimini, I just ordered and received mine from bennington any question let me know. I still trying to figure how to mount mine

Back