Double Bimini

kevinf

Reaction score
Where do I find help and pictures of Bimini user instructions or videos.  I have an issue on how to secure the front Bimini for trailering. I am a brand new owner and do not like traveling with them in the higher position, but when trying to position the front top to secure it on the short struts, I cannot lock it in place.  Help!  Thanks!

Wish I could help Kevin, I don't have, and haven't ever seen a double in person. It should be the same as the back one, what is the problem?  Just wondering what you mean by it not locking in place. Does the front use the same black plastic "clips" like the rear? Or does it have the pin that slides in and locks it like I've seen some others talk about?

The best thing to do is let the front bimini lay flat and secure it by tying around the bimini boot to somewhere on the front of the boat (cleat, trailer winch, etc.) securely.

I have a 2014 Bennington 2275 RL with double bimini top.  The dealer told me to trailer it on the short struts (front and rear).  I put the front up just for grins and put it back down and it was difficult to position both front and rear in the slots -- had to sort of hammer it with my fist to get it to go into position.   It is a very tight fit but I figured it will get easier with use.

Back