Drive on boat slip

truckone176

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any experiences with the drive on boat slips lick the brands Jet Dort or EZ Dock? If you do, what are your thoughts or experiences with them, do they last a long time, do they wear the toons? The reason I ask is that my slip isn't deep enough for a traditional front mount boat lift.

That’s a new one on me. I’ve seen them used for jet skis but never a pontoon. Learn something new every day!

I've seen them advertised, and thought about them . But I need more information as well .

I switched from a traditional covered lift to Sea Legs due to low lake levels along our dock and shoreline back in 2019. It’s worked great for us with our lake conditions. That might be another option for you as well. I have seen the EZ Dock for Jet Ski’s. Never seen or heard of them for pontoons so no quality feedback for you on those as an option.

Last edited:
I've seen them used down here in SWFL for the mini pontoons. The ones that are about 8'-10' long that only holds a couple of people. They must be super lightweight.

I looked in to them quite a bit and some manufacturers seem like a great solution. Talked with several customers too. I would have probably ordered one but it needed to be 12.5 ft wide for my Q23 and i am in a rented slip not near that wide so a non starter. My only option would be the Sea Leg type of solution.

Thanks for the replies, I can't do the sea leg option as my lake fluctuates too much and have a slip to dock my boat. The drive-on dock floats look interesting as you don't need power, just can't get any firsthand information on them.

It will be too wide for your slip unless built for it. You will need to secure beside the dock. are they not replying to you? Gulf Stream Docks impressed me the most.

Back