Dual Battery Switch - Malfunction

StilesYYZ

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just got my boat (2012 2575 QCW) back into the water. Over the winter, the mechanic removed both batteries before wrapping the boat. Before the batteries were removed, the dual battery switch was working (all four selections: off / 1 / 2 / 1+2). Now, the 'off' doesn't work; when it is set to off, I can still start the motor / run the radio / etc whereas it used to cut the power to everything...

I assume the two batteries were re-installed incorrectly (perhaps bypassing the switch?). Not sure how to diagnose/check. Of course, the mechanic said that he did nothing that could cause this (and I'm not interested in pulling the boat out of the water and driving it back over), so I will likely have to self diagnose. Any tips?

I *believe* the switch is a BlueSeaSystems 9001E (can't say for sure, but based on the photo I am pretty certain it's either this model or something similar from Blue Sea Systems).

Sounds like the leads were connected improperly. Simply change them around or reinstall the switch for batteries. Pull a schematic diagram if in doubt. They are available on line. Take your time. Good luck.

The first thing that I’d do is to examine how it’s currently connected. Personally, I find it hard to believe that the mechanic hooked it up wrong. When I remove my batteries, I never touch the hub connections.

Attachments

• IMG_2036.jpeg
    IMG_2036.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 14
Back