Early Delivery!!

Swabber

Reaction score
I called my dealer today to ask about making a change to my boat order.  After reading enough on this forum I realized I needed to add the electric bimini to my boat.  We have a few bridges to go under and I thought it would just be more convenient than putting it up and down manually every time.

When I called my dealer tonight he said that my order change could not be done.  When I asked him why he told me bacause they already had my boat on the lot.  It came in last Friday.  At least 3 weeks ahead of its build schedule!!!

He said he can't remember the last time a boat came before they had the motor or a trailer for it.  They'll keep it wrapped for a few weeks before they get it rigged.  I'm itching to see it but I guess I'd rather keep it under wraps and out of the elements for another month. 

It was nice to see 70 degrees here in Minnesota last week but I have a feeling I'll see more snow before I get to go cruising.

No electric bimini now  :(  

What's the fastest PADS tradeout on record??

Just kidding.  Can't wait to see the 2375 RCW / Yam 200. 

Bummer! (and congrats at the same time) LOL...!  I know the "can't wait" feeling.  Mine came in back in December.  I inspected and then they stored inside for me.  After seeing the boat, it made it real and not something in a website boat builder.  This has been a very long wait. 

I've not looked, but I'm sure there is a power bimini that can be added aftermarket (or even the Benny one) for a little cheaper than a PADS episode.

Who is your dealer again?  Mine is Miller in St. Cloud...likely yours too?

Mine came in last February for a April/May delivery.

On mine there was a "zippered" door  at the port side gate . I was going to crawl in and look ,once I looked in ,there was nothing to see .Everything was un-assembled and

covered .

My P.A.D.s took 7 months ,May 30th 2013 ,22 SLX -December 21st 2013 -2014 ,2375 RCW 

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new boat and the good news is that the bimini goes up and down easily.

Jack

You are so very lucky that your boat came in 3 weeks ahead of schedule!!!! Our trailer has arrived at the dealer and we are waiting for our boat.  We were told it would arrive in the beginning of April with an 8-10 week build time.  We ordered in February when I had a snow day from work (gotta love working for a school district-LOL).  This is now week 7.  I have been  keeping count along with our "Days til Spring Break" calendar since the timeframe is similar.

Thanks for all of the well wishes.  fastmnstealth I did get mine from Miller.  So far they have done a great job.  Very happy.

Hopefully your boat will be coming any day now mraynie.  I was told 8 - 10 weeks also so I was very surprised when it came in 5 weeks.

Is now the time I should be talking to the dealer about the prop?  I asked a couple weeks ago and the response was, "our guys doing the rigging are the best in the business.  They will get set up possible for your boat and motor combo."

Should I ask them to be a little more specific or just trust them?

Did they ask if you wanted it set up to optimize acceleration? Or top speed? Or fuel efficiency? Handling? All around performance (some of each but not maxed on any of them)? Did the ask you how heavy you will typically load the boat?

If they didn't ask how you plan to use your boat and what you expect from it, then I'd ask them about it.

Is now the time I should be talking to the dealer about the prop?  I asked a couple weeks ago and the response was, "our guys doing the rigging are the best in the business.  They will get set up possible for your boat and motor combo."

Should I ask them to be a little more specific or just trust them?
When I inspected mine in December, it had the 15 1/2 x 17 Saltwater Series II prop on it.   RacingFool has the same boat/motor combo and has the 15 1/2 x 19.  His RPM was a little low and was going to change to the 18p.  I never heard from him if it worked out or not.

Because of RacingFool's experience, I asked about my prop.  Miller said that they would water test and adjust as necessary.  They also stated that as long as my prop wasn't damaged in anyway, I could exchange if I was not happy with performance (within a reasonable amount of time).

You may want to talk with them more if it is a concern of yours.

I couldn't find the bulletin on the 2375 RCW SPS w/ 200, but I found it for the 2375 GCW ESP w/ 200.  It should give you an idea of how it should/could be prop'd

http://yamahaoutboards.com/sites/default/files/bulletins/BNT_2375GCW_F200XB_2013-05-09_PNT_2.pdf

I had two props for my last motor. One had a 5 mph better top speed, the other had noticably better acceleration and was better for tubing. And that was with a 115. You are getting a 200...

I had two props for my last motor. One had a 5 mph better top speed, the other had noticably better acceleration and was better for tubing. And that was with a 115. You are getting a 200...
This is a good point.  Different props will address different needs, but that is a lot of money to have sitting around (~$500) so most just have one prop that hits the mark on one or the other or splits the difference.

Doesn't hurt to have a spare on board. It could be another stainless that performs differently, or you could go cheap with a used aluminum one that would only be used in an emergency. If I hit something and it causes a motor vibration, you can bet I'll be changing it on the lake before I get back to the dock rather than take the risk of exposing the motor to that. I keep all the stuff to change it on the boat, and so it is just as simple to change it on the shore as back at the dock. It's 15 miles from the spillway to our marina, so I could be looking at considerable distance to limp back home. That would take many hours at idle speeds, vibrating the whole time.

Swabber, can I ask when did you order your boat?  Temps are slooowly starting to rise here (with the exception of a little snow on Sunday night) and I am getting antsy knowing that it could be any day.  :)  

mraynie, my order went to Bennington on Feb. 11 and I believe it was delivered to the dealer on Mar. 13.  Good luck.  I bet yours will come in any day now.  

Congratulation  Hopefully warm weather will be here soon. Our order date was Feb 23rd we were told last week of April  for earliest  and more than likely the first week of May  Anyone else coming in early and your order date ?   :)

Tom

hearing about all your boats adds to my excitement for getting my boat out.  Boat show this weekend, can't wait to go

Back