easier cover options?

I keep mine on a covered lift so that works for me!

Keep the spiders at bay and you will have fewer mud daubers! The Muddaubers build their mud nests where the spiders s and their eggs are. So when the young daubers hatch they have access to food. I use Bifenthrin and mix my own. Same Chemical in other insect killer. Same stuff Massey and Pest chemical folks use. The spiders walk through it , lick there feet and die!
Oh yeah, I use a Cypermethrin concentrate. Stuff is bad to the bone, mix concentrate and spray. I usually mix up a gallon every 3 weeks.

So I have never used my Bennington cover, got it, put it in a mesh bag, and it sits in storage.

So the boat stays only in the Touchless. Spiders are crazy here like all lakes. I spray the dock every 3 weeks with some strong stuff to help keep them at bay. Shockingly I see very little web activity inside the cover. Yesterday I raised the boat to check the corners/sides of the inside cover, a few webs at most, and able to get them with the hand. I’ve never sprayed inside the cover and won’t as long as it continues to be as spider and insect free as it has been. We also have tons of muddaubers here too, none on the cover.

Cover has been here since April and spiders have been little to none on/around the boat. I don’t get the science but it works for some reason.
do you have any issues with your seats getting moldy under the touchless. I'm on hartwell also and over the winter out boat gets covered with mold. I read somewhere about putting a fan under the cover? Any ideas?

do you have any issues with your seats getting moldy under the touchless. I'm on hartwell also and over the winter out boat gets covered with mold. I read somewhere about putting a fan under the cover? Any ideas?
Im in Texas actually. I have had no issues with mold. The cover has venting along the sides to allow for fresh airflow. Its not stuffy at all. I honestly dont know how mold would even develop with the cooler temps, less humidity, and nothing inside the boat is wet.

I am thinking of getting a quote on one of these covers for my boat too. Are there any options or caveats that I should be aware of? Like nice things but not worth it. I assume they just figure out how long it needs to be build the frame and cover and hang it. I got a card and it says you can control it with an App. Assume you can also just push a button at the lift too. Why do I need an App? Are there colors, I think I have only seen tan. Thanks for the insight.

Back