Electric Anchor

Draymond1

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has installed an electric anchor system on their boat. If so what make and how do you like it

A few have. There are also a couple threads (if you do a search in the upper right hand corner) from a few years ago on this topic. I considered putting one on back in 2017 myself. Ended up not doing it, but some members had them back then and commented on their details.

Semper Fi has. He'll chime in.....

I have the Minn Kota Deck Hand 40 on my 2013 20SF. It's mounted over/on the port side rear tube using a platform I don't think I have the same platform, but it's similar. The setup works well and holds pretty well in the wind. I like that it's on the back and out of the way. plus. the boat seems to hold better with it in the back. Possibly because the weight of the engine and fuel helps.

I did have one issue with the Deck Hand.Last year I had to replace the circuit board in it as one of the diodes fried. It was a relatively easy replacement. Seems like a common issue. I'll see if I can get some pictures this weekend.

MinnKota DH40 with remote. Best investment ever!!!

C37B90AB-2722-4053-9C53-61704B1098D7.jpeg

I did have one issue with the Deck Hand.Last year I had to replace the circuit board in it as one of the diodes fried. It was a relatively easy replacement. Seems like a common issue. I'll see if I can get some pictures this weekend.

Same here. I think it cost me around $25 on Feebay. 20 minute repair.

Back