Electric Motors on the stern of the outsode tubes

CcanDo

Reaction score
Has anyone tried units such as Lenco electric thrust motors on the stern of the out-board tubes ? The application would be for docking and trailer loading.

Has anyone tried units such as Lenco electric thrust motors on the stern of the out-board tubes ? The application would be for docking and trailer loading.
I have the same question. I saw the Lenco video on YouTube and it is really impressive. Looks like $2700 for the 2 motor setup with a joystick controller. I was thinking of it in case my engine failed. Also it would be a very quiet way to idle around.

With a set up like that, it might be like a fighter jet....When you get to racing, you could kick in the after-burners by turning on the Lenco...No catching ya now. LOL

Seriously, I think it has potential. I'm not sure it would do as much as bow-thrusters, for docking/loading, but it might. I am sure there would be many times the Lenco, your speaking of, would be appreciated.

Somehow I beleive Bennington has OEM ability to buy from Lenco. Or, someone like CP Performance might have best pricing. So I'm told, the 2 HP version is the one to buy.

Please, keep us posted.

Back