Electrical Issue

Alicedream

Reaction score
EB9F8E93-0CAD-4BC8-9C44-3AE1A94C7AFE.jpeg Dropped the 23RCW Yamaha 300 in the water today. All great until the last 20 minutes when electrical went out to every amenity. The stereo, Simrad, lighting, nav lights. It starts and runs and the Yamaha gauges work. I am going to bring in to dealership 67 mile drive. My guess is some thing came loose because all of those amenities have separate fuses. Frustrating. Pic below from the day.

Sounds like your main power rocker switch on the dash got flipped off or the wire came loose on the back of it.

Sounds like your main power rocker switch on the dash got flipped off or the wire came loose on the back of it.

I have been researching since I got home and that is my guess also. I flipped the master switch a few times so it must be a loose wire with the mater swich.

Last edited:

Well, I went back and looked last night and could find no loose wires behind the master switch. I am pulling the boat today to bring to the dealer. I am really perplexed at what it could be.

Did you also check for a loose cable on the distribution / cut off back by your batteries? It absolutely sounds like something between the master switch and either the incoming or outgoing power. If it's easy to take to the dealer then that's a good option. If you like to figure stuff out and have an electrical tester you could check for power coming into the switch. Might also be a fuse in line by the battery switch.

View attachment 22100 Dropped the 23RCW Yamaha 300 in the water today. All great until the last 20 minutes when electrical went out to every amenity. The stereo, Simrad, lighting, nav lights. It starts and runs and the Yamaha gauges work. I am going to bring in to dealership 67 mile drive. My guess is some thing came loose because all of those amenities have separate fuses. Frustrating. Pic below from the day.
check for blown fuse under the motor cowling. Might have a short in the circuit.

Did you also check for a loose cable on the distribution / cut off back by your batteries? It absolutely sounds like something between the master switch and either the incoming or outgoing power. If it's easy to take to the dealer then that's a good option. If you like to figure stuff out and have an electrical tester you could check for power coming into the switch. Might also be a fuse in line by the battery switch.

Thanks Bulldog. I brought in to the dealer. 30 mile an hour winds so taking it out was fun.

check for blown fuse under the motor cowling. Might have a short in the circuit.
Shouldn't be anything with the motor as it all functions, has to be something between the house battery and the switch, or outgoing from switch. IMHO

Well, it was a blown fuse. It was at the battery. The guy I talked with at the dealer did not think there were fuses at the battery. At least I know now.

Did the tech have any idea what caused the fuse to blow? I know they can get weak but I'd be curious if they found a cause.

I asked the same question and the answer was no. I have more question when I pick up the boat.

0BBA62AA-BC41-4921-8D17-ED75B3A6B26E.jpeg E0F670F5-D96F-45F3-97F3-EAACB5500789.jpeg
Can you snap a picture of where this fuse is located please.

Here are the pics you requested. I have dual batteries. The fuses are on the power distribution panel.

Thanks for the pics. Is the power distribution panel Located on the actual battery.

No right next to it. The battery is to the left of the panel. 2nd battery is on starboard side. Hope that helps.

Back