Ellipticals and 200hp?

the-little-B

Reaction score
Anybody here running elliptical toons and 200hp?

Im toying around with the idea of an upgrade and this configuration appeals to me. From my reading the tri toons extra handling isnt needed and the extra weight would cost efficiency would it not? Efficiency of the elliptical toons has to be why I read its also the fastest “hull” Bennington makes.

I’d really like to hear from actual owners of elliptical pontoons...

What series and length boat are you gunning for?

Anybody here running elliptical toons and 200hp?

Im toying around with the idea of an upgrade and this configuration appeals to me. From my reading the tri toons extra handling isnt needed and the extra weight would cost efficiency would it not? Efficiency of the elliptical toons has to be why I read its also the fastest “hull” Bennington makes.

I’d really like to hear from actual owners of elliptical pontoons...
What do you mean by “From my reading the tri toons extra handling isn’t needed”?

Meaning my goal isnt the maneuverability you get with the esp or sps packages since skiing or wakeboarding isnt really on the menu. I read that they are the cats meow for watersports though.

Well, since watersporting isn't on the menu, then it comes down to two things:

1. Ride quality a triple pontoon offers
2. Buoyancy/weight capacity

Both the SPS and ESP will offer a vastly improved ride quality over a comparable model with only twin pontoons.

The ESP will offer more weight carrying capacity than the SPS.

In addition (from reading testimonials from owners of both SPS and ESP equipped models), the ESP will get on plane at a slightly lower speed and ride a bit higher, which can result in a little more top speed and fuel efficiency.

I would agree with you if we are talking about 2 round tubes vs the others but I think the elliptical tubes close the gap and possibly surpass with some tasks...

Higher top speed and buoyancy with elliptical. I wouldn’t be able to go back from having a tritoon

Meaning my goal isnt the maneuverability you get with the esp or sps packages since skiing or wakeboarding isnt really on the menu. I read that they are the cats meow for watersports though.
What about tubing? If you have kids that like to be slung around on a tube a two log will disappoint. Hard to get them outside the wake.

I would agree with you if we are talking about 2 round tubes vs the others but I think the elliptical tubes close the gap and possibly surpass with some tasks...

Yes, I should have clarified that I was speaking towards the standard round pontoons for the twin configuration, instead of the TEPP in my comparative analysis.

Heck, the 10' wide models are configured with triple ellipticals, which takes it to a whole other level, as far as tritoons go.

What about tubing? If you have kids that like to be slung around on a tube a two log will disappoint. Hard to get them outside the wake.

i should have added tubing as well to make it clear.No factor in this at all.
Top end , fuel economy , and ride is what im interested in.

i should have added tubing as well to make it clear.No factor in this at all.
Top end , fuel economy , and ride is what im interested in.
Give twin ellipticals serious consideration. Faster/more fuel efficient than any Bennington 3 tube chassis.

Give twin ellipticals serious consideration. Faster/more fuel efficient than any Bennington 3 tube chassis.

That may not meet the criteria for improved ride quality, depending on the BoW(s) conditions that will be primarily operated on.

That may not meet the criteria for improved ride quality, depending on the BoW(s) conditions that will be primarily operated on.

Deja...Im curious what your ride is and what you’re qualified to give an opinion on. You literally answer/give opinion on every other thread on this website. If you’re qualified to answer a topic , great. If not , well...

Deja...Im curious what your ride is and what you’re qualified to give an opinion on. You literally answer/give opinion on every other thread on this website. If you’re qualified to answer a topic , great. If not , well...

Been around boats and watercraft my whole life.
Cabin cruisers on Lake Michigan to v-hulls and pontoons/tritoons across numerous inland lakes to catamarans in Europe.

Constantly conversing with family, friends, and colleagues about their boats.

I'm an avid fan of the Bennington brand since my first experience on one over a decade ago, and it will be our first pontoon brand, so I want to learn everything I possibly can about them, then share that knowledge with people. That's how we all grow as boaters, enthusiasts, and fellow discussion forum members.

Not sure what your requirements for "qualified" are, but I'm merely trying to provide you and others with as much information to consider based on what's been posted on their given topic of focus. Nothing more, nothing less. An opinion is just that...an opinion. Take them at face value.

If I've said or done something to you personally to deserve such a harsh attitude, then feel free to private message me through the forum here. I'd like to resolve it... we're all here to learn from each other and help one another. I'm certainly not here to put anyone down and make enemies.

I had a two toon but with strakes.not an elliptical. Fast in a straight line but terrible in turns.
My current boat with sps handles great and rides smooth.

Back