Engine mounting holes

mtudb24

Reaction score
Curious to see what owners of 2275 and longer with 150hp outboard engines and greater which mounting location holes the dealer or factory set you up with. Mine was rigged at dealer and it's in the top most set of holes. This is the lowest the motor could be. I'm thinking about moving up a hole to see if it still hooks up well in turns without blowing out and having less drag in the water. My engine has water pickups in the nose cone as well as on the side of the lower unit, so I'm not worried about water pressure issues

Todd

Our Honda is sitting on the tramsom also. If I had a trailer I would probably experiment with the height .

My 250 Merc is one hole up, seems to work perfectly.

25inch

My dealer experimented with all 5 bolt holes for my Mercury 250 Verado (25" shaft) on our 2575 RCWCP. We settled on the 3rd hole up from the bottom, mainly because we had concerns if I had 6 or people up forward, as is likely. I would love to hear some speed/performance data from owners of similar models and HP.

Ours is 1 hole up, and I do notice if we are fully loaded it will ventilate a tiny amount at high cruising speed, like 40 mph. I don't think any more up would be a good choice all round. I can go 51 mph gps at 6340 or so.

Back