Enjoying Life

Dang, where's the tv and the fridge??

Damn, you have Snakeheads in the Potomac? I thought they were just down here in Florida... I do hear they are quite tasty however.

You guys have the "Bullseye" snakehead down there in FL, we have the Northern variant. Some numbskull released a couple of these in a pond in MD around 20 years ago and it's been downhill ever since. Probably copycats that released into the Potomac. Now the've spread into the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries and even though they're not destroying the ecosystem as originally feared no one needs more invasives in an environment.

I read on our FWC (game warden) website that our Snakeheads were intentionally released in the flood control canals down by Miami to supply the illegal sale of these fish to fufill a local demand and now they're eating everything in sight. Now there are guides that just target Snakeheads and Peacock Bass (also introduced).

We have the guides up here as well, and even have nighttime tournaments amongst the bow hunters - some guys even run airboats (which are loud as all get out) so they can get into the really deep backs of creeks and lily pad fields. They've turned into a fairly decent game fish and I'm sure the osprey don't mind their taste either!

10lb fish… hold my beer!! This was on Father’s Day

Attachments

• IMG_5996.jpeg
    IMG_5996.jpeg
    126.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5995.jpeg
    IMG_5995.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 24
Back