Eyelit for Crane/Hoist on Bennington?

SnakeByte

Reaction score
At our yacht club we have a transfer crane/hoist that is used to move boats in and out of our dry dock area. It's also used to clean boats, etc.

I'm trying to determine if there is a way to properly lift my 22 SLX with this hoist. Essentially you need an eyelit that you hook the hoist to.

There are two sets of eyelits, one on the pontoons and ones mounted right to the frame of the boat. Obviously the pontoon eyelits can't be used, but Bennington indicated that the ones on the frame aren't rated for lifting either.

He mentioned he thought there was something from a 3rd party that I could mount to the boat that would allow this.

Has anyone lifted their Bennington in this way or have ideas of how I might do it?

Thanks!
Jason

You would probably have to build a set up similar to a trailer or dock lift to lift from below and then you would need a spreader rig from overhead to connect to 4 points at the corners.

The marinas around here that have rack storage use a cradle to lift the boats.

Don’t they lift them from the eyelets when removing them off the trailers at the dealers?

My dealer unloaded my boat by the loops mounted to boat using a crane. Not the loops on the toon but I have additional ones under the front deck and my the motor in-set

Back