Fabric rubbing

DKR

Reaction score
Our 2020 22sv has a very small hole developing between the front corner cushion and the seat next to it. The hole has been caused by the two seat cushions rubbing against each other. Not a big deal yet, but wondering if anyone has any ideas to prevent further damage to the fabric. Thanks.

Our 2020 22sv has a very small hole developing between the front corner cushion and the seat next to it. The hole has been caused by the two seat cushions rubbing against each other. Not a big deal yet, but wondering if anyone has any ideas to prevent further damage to the fabric. Thanks.
Do you have the simtex fabric or vinyl seating?

Simtex. Think a 1” sq of fabric tape would do the trick.

Last edited:
Simtex. Think a 1” sq of fabric tape would do the trick.
Although your idea of a piece of fabric may work......I'm with Illinois Ave. Sounds like one of the seats needs to be realigned so that it doesn't rub. Contact your dealer.....

Any pictures? I’m curious what it looks like. Has it damaged the seat fabric much. That’d concern me.

If the one seat is rubbing the other and causing issues, I’m with Michiman. I’d check with dealership about warranty coverage and see if they can adjust it for you before these is anything significant.

Back