Fender Storage

adkboater

Reaction score
I'm looking for any suggestions on how to store my fenders, I use the 6" round fenders and they are always sliding around the floor or stacked in front of a gate. I hate to take up room under the seats, but I haven't found any other options. I'm looked at the stainless ones but they are intended to mount to a round railing, I was thinking of mounting them along the rear fence on the extended aft deck? I hate to see them on the side of the boat, besides it beats the boat pretty bad at 35-40mph!! Thanks for any suggestions you may have!

I keep mine under the two front corner seats. Still room to store rope and other items if necessary.

We have the 24SSL too and six of them fit snug in the port side front lounger behind the flip up armrest, or backrest, whatever you want to call it. It's the only seat back that moves up front.

We use the 6x24s and if I remember you have to lay one down on its side and the other 5 will just fit standing upright.

Last edited by a moderator:
Forgetting to pull your fenders or put the ladder up are newbie mistakes. I still do both a couple times a summer.

Someone really needs to start making a fender rack for square rails. I keep mine in the in-floor storage usually, but I don't use them a lot. I keep three on the boat but usually only use two. I only have to use them for tying up to the occasional floating restroom on Powell. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I always hated storing the fenders but then I installed the ezfender, when I pull out of the dock we simply loosen the thumbscrew, pull the fenders up high and tighten.  Bought nice fenders that match our boat and they look good when up high

8X25 ,under the seats 

Thanks for all of the input, I'm thinking of making something to mount behind the rear fence. We have a 2-1/2 year old and a new born in June so I need all the storage and floor space I can get!! I tried like Link to tie them up, but I must drive must like an idiot cause they still bounce around. :wacko:   I've seen the stainless holders but figure if I'm going to waste the time adapting them I might as well make something? 

Maybe you can just hang them off the rear rail...

The lines would have to be adjustable since they'd have to ride a lot higher or they'd hit the deck.

I've considered putting fishing rod holders on my ski tow bar... Maybe you could mount fender holders there.

How do you like the etec? We have the same boat but I have the yamaha. I've seen 43mph but think there is a little more there if I trim it right.

Back