Finally adding a trolling motor to the boat!

Thanks, mine are in front, within 4ft of motor, in storage compartments on either side of motor

Today’s progress update. Completed the mount. Borrowed the idea of a fellow member for a receiver style under deck mount. Still need to clean it up a little bit but it feels solid. Still waiting on a few electrical parts but should be done soon.
View attachment 26453View attachment 26454View attachment 26453View attachment 26454View attachment 26455View attachment 26456View attachment 26457
This looks GREAT. This is high on my many-deeds list on the new to us Benny for winter. which can be 7 months here in Wisconsin.
Did the member you borrowed from have a posting?
Anything you would change or afterthoughts on project?
How well does your boat work with the troller? I have never been on a pontoon with one but I am parting ways with my v-hull and have a newish ulterra and helix to put on the pontoon.

Had one on our old boat. Worked great. Just make sure it has 80+ pounds of thrust and you should be good. Looking to install a hidden mount on front so I don’t have to drill into front floor when I get my new benny

No issues 1.5 years in with it. On an inland lake I’m sure 80 is fine but where I am 112lb of thrust helps combat tides and wind. I posted a video of it staying spot locked in high winds.

Here are some additional photos that might help others.

This is exactly what I was looking for! Sideways in front out of the way... My 2022 25LSAPG half fishing package in back starts on the production line tomorrow at Bennington! It was ordered in July so very excited. Hoping to get it by Thanks Giving if all goes well. Installing the new Yamaha 300 digital, very excited for everything. Coming in firecracker and black with black out package. I have gotten the same trolling motor as you but went with the 36 volt lithium Dakota battery that's half the weight. Installing 10' Talon in back and 5' in front. Splurged on a Solix 15 for all the fishing and commands for the Bluetooth. Luckily I have all the parts except the battery that should be here in a few weeks. Took over 2.5 months to get it. The photos have been a great help! Thank you! I will have to try and find someone to make it or find some time to make it. Once I get my boat and it's got all the goodies I will be sure to share as I am very excited....

If mounting trolling motor batteries in the rear, make sure to increase wire gauge to mitigate voltage drop.

Here are some additional photos that might help others.

I’m getting ready to order the aluminum but have one last question.
What is the length of the female tube under the boat? I guess it’s the length between cross channel members but i don’t have my boat with me so I don’t know what length to order.

Thanks!

I’ll try and get a measurement this weekend but I’m sure it varies by model etc.

I'm looking at the Garmin Force right now because it matches up wirelessly to my new Garmin fish finder. Unfortunately, I'm very disappointed they do not offer a motorized unit. I would have to figure out how to mount it, definitely will require some custom work like you did. My question is shaft length. I don't have my boat in the water now and can't measure from the bow to the water line. I'm wondering what length shaft you think I should get. It comes in a 50 or 57"
length. Which do you suggest?

I have a 60” but I never need to lower it all the way down for operation. Sorry I didn’t get a measurement and am away from the boat.

Crossmembers are 24” now I believe on all models so I’d add some extra and get 3ft.

I have a 60” but I never need to lower it all the way down for operation. Sorry I didn’t get a measurement and am away from the boat.

Crossmembers are 24” now I believe on all models so I’d add some extra and get 3ft.
I ordered the 57" hope it's long enough.

I think you’ll be good.

Back