Finally!!! Boating in Michigan!

Baroda5

Reaction score
This was the longest pre-season ever, but we finally found the water and it was a gorgeous day.  Sad to see her without a lift, but everyone else really likes the boat at pier level.  Since it's our first time docking, we had all kinds of buoys and pads, but I really like the big pier mounted pads so far, which I thought were fair priced at $39/ea.

http://www.amazon.com/Hull-Hugr-Marina-Bumper-36-Inch/dp/B00SMDQWAY?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

It's safe to assume that no one on our lake has seen a sport tower before, we had lots of conversations asking what the hell this was. Should be a fun summer!

My dealer told me that someone is looking to trade in an identical boat with 12 hours, for a new one with a 400 Verado!!  Let the horsepower wars continue!!  Hopefully, PADS will hold off for a few years...hopefully.

Happy Summer everyone!!

/monthly_2016_05/large.IMG_6585.JPG.9ab84cb40b6c121c4a147cba75e7d9b9.JPG/monthly_2016_05/large.IMG_6591.JPG.af307b79458ad1ebe4be291ba2ccfcf5.JPG/monthly_2016_05/large.IMG_6580.JPG.acd841bce31f159d534cda3998af2e2c.JPG/monthly_2016_05/large.IMG_6579.JPG.834ff82c5bdefd79e871458c5e5227ce.JPG

Lookin' good!

Nice, very nice! Enjoy...

Nice rig !    Looks like your bumpers on the dock and the post are all below your rubrail height.   If you get a good bump from a big wave or wake, it might dent your pontoon. Might need to look into something additional or different.....

Nice rig !    Looks like your bumpers on the dock and the post are all below your rubrail height.   If you get a good bump from a big wave or wake, it might dent your pontoon. Might need to look into something additional or different.....

There was no action on the water last weekend, but we'll see some water movement during the upcoming holiday.  I'll keep a close eye on it and maybe get a video to see how she reacts to the big wakes.

Thanks,

When I was at the factory and the discussion came up with the rub rail and protecting the toons, using fenders docking, rafting up with other boats..., I was advised to not let anything touch the toon, only use the rub rail.  Maybe adding a pole with a fender wrapped like the others, adjust up on the rail might be an option or maybe thicker ones, but it's your call and you have a beautiful boat, I would say the best on your lake!  Enjoy!

When I was at the factory and the discussion came up with the rub rail and protecting the toons, using fenders docking, rafting up with other boats..., I was advised to not let anything touch the toon, only use the rub rail.  Maybe adding a pole with a fender wrapped like the others, adjust up on the rail might be an option or maybe thicker ones, but it's your call and you have a beautiful boat, I would say the best on your lake!  Enjoy!

Hmmm, point taken.  Off to amazon/overton's I go....

Very nice !!!!

Great looking Boat Baroda

She's a beauty, glad to see it in the water.

With this warm weather we have now you're family will love the new boat! Looks great!

Pretty boat! But is it fare to say that you supplied the boat and the kids supply the goodies that boat is capable of towing behind it.The boat also looks like a great place to just kick back and enjoy happy hour at your dock. I know it works for us on our boat. Here's to warm evenings!.

Pretty boat! But is it fare to say that you supplied the boat and the kids supply the goodies that boat is capable of towing behind it.The boat also looks like a great place to just kick back and enjoy happy hour at your dock. I know it works for us on our boat. Here's to warm evenings!.

That's a fair statement, but rarely acted upon.  Luckily we have a boat house full of all water toys from the years of ski boats, but they have been shelved since the 115 just didn't provide the right experience  We bought a big 2 person tube a year ago and ended up giving it to a friend.  Looks like I'm gonna have to take it back!!!

we utilize the boat as part of the dock probably as much as underway.   It has truly been an awesome transformation as to how we use boats at our cottage.  Hard to see us ever changing back.

I ran out of likes again. We need more than 10 likes per day! :(

That's a fair statement, but rarely acted upon.  Luckily we have a boat house full of all water toys from the years of ski boats, but they have been shelved since the 115 just didn't provide the right experience  We bought a big 2 person tube a year ago and ended up giving it to a friend.  Looks like I'm gonna have to take it back!!!

we utilize the boat as part of the dock probably as much as underway.   It has truly been an awesome transformation as to how we use boats at our cottage.  Hard to see us ever changing back.

We have 150' of dock but never used to have chairs out there. The Bennington lift is out at the very end, so when we first got it, we'd just go out there and sit in the rear loungers watching the lake, while it was still on the lift. They were the most expensive deck chairs imaginable, but we loved it!

We've since put chairs on an 8x16' deck out there, so we don't have to uncover the Benny just to sit and relax any more.

Our DD inboard is long gone, and yes, it would be very hard to go back!

We sit on our rear lounger and enjoy the sights all the time. This was taken Tuesday night. I've even sit on the aft deck and fish in the rain while under the canopy.

F92D6061-3ED5-460E-BC89-B56BD1C867FD_zps6dlrfi5z.jpg

Lakeliving, I "like" your post. I guess this is how it's done when the "likes" run out. :D    B)

Yeah. I guess we are only rationed a certain amount!

Back