Finally Took Delivery

Gumby146

Reaction score
Hey All, finally got my new Benny in the water today. Very excited! Ordered 3 months ago. I’ve been a long time watcher and this is my first post. Thank you to everyone who has posted questions and to those who responded with opinions/facts (and references). I have learned a lot over these last couple months.

I’d also like to thank Kirk, from Miller Marine in St Cloud MN. He is a wonderful salesman.

Future DIY Projects-
Install Subwoofer
Install LED toe kick lighting

If we could only get some summer weather in Prior Lake, MN...

He are the deets- 25SSRXP, SPS, Yamaha 150, Reliance 14P x 14.25, Kicker KMC10, Garmin S4
upload_2019-5-10_7-16-55.jpeg
upload_2019-5-10_7-17-21.jpeg
upload_2019-5-10_7-17-56.jpeg
upload_2019-5-10_7-19-53.jpeg
upload_2019-5-10_7-23-57.jpeg
upload_2019-5-10_7-15-57.jpeg

Congratulations !

Hey All, finally got my new Benny in the water today. Very excited! Ordered 3 months ago. I’ve been a long time watcher and this is my first post. Thank you to everyone who has posted questions and to those who responded with opinions/facts (and references). I have learned a lot over these last couple months.

I’d also like to thank Kirk, from Miller Marine in St Cloud MN. He is a wonderful salesman.

Future DIY Projects-
Install Subwoofer
Install LED toe kick lighting

If we could only get some summer weather in Prior Lake, MN...

Hi Gian...Welcome to the Bennington Family! I bought my pontoon from Kirk at Miller Marine a year ago...he really is a great salesman. We had several follow-up questions and conversations with him, and he was always very responsive and helpful. I haven't put our Benny on the water in Hutchinson yet...also waiting for that summer you mentioned!

Beautiful boat! But then I'm biased; very much like mine! Love the floor and I almost went with that. Really like your interior especially. Congrats!

Sweeeeeeet!!!

Last edited:
She's a beaut! Congratulations.

Welcome Gian and congratulations on your new Benny! Looks like you did your homework. Enjoy...

Nice! Thanks for posting pictures.

Congratulations! It looks great. We almost got that same basic layout back in 2017. Sounds like your did you homework, had a great buying experience, and now its time to have fun. Enjoy a great summer ahead on it...once summer decides to get to us in the north. :D

Last edited:
Congrats. She’s a beauty! Hopefully, you’re dealer will trade out props if you see that one is creating too many RPM for that boat and motor. Just a thought.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new boat. Very good looking boat. You will enjoy it. We purchased a very similar boat this year, 22 SSRXP with a 115 Yamaha. We should be taking delivery next week. We can't wait. Again wanting the weather to warm a little. There is a lot of information available on this site and everyone knows how to spend your money.

Bob

There is a lot of information available on this site and everyone knows how to spend your money. Bob

I must say, after dropping the most I ever have in cash to buy our boat, I much prefer to spend everyone else’s money. :D The good news Bob, is now that you’ve sprung for your boat, you can start helping to spend everyone else’s money too. Trust me, its much easier to do. ;)

I must say, after dropping the most I ever have in cash to buy our boat, I much prefer to spend everyone else’s money. :D The good news Bob, is now that you’ve sprung for your boat, you can start helping to spend everyone else’s money too. Trust me, its much easier to do. ;)

Hadn't thought of it like that, but now I have a whole different attitude! Love it.

WOW! It looks awesome and almost identical to what I'm getting. I am curious of the performance with the Yamaha 150. Can you tell us how fast you can go and with what load? Also did you get power steering? If not, how does it handle? Thanks!

WOW! It looks awesome and almost identical to what I'm getting. I am curious of the performance with the Yamaha 150. Can you tell us how fast you can go and with what load? Also did you get power steering? If not, how does it handle? Thanks!
Hey mikeb33, I am doing my best to follow the Yamaha break-in recommendations so I haven't seen wot yet. However, the dealership claims 37 mph during testing with a single person and 10 gal of fuel. That's with a 14p x 14.25 propeller. The motor is very quiet and shifting is very smooth. I did not go with the full hydraulic steering, I have the SeaStar "semi" power steering. It's seems to perform well so far. I also have the SPS performance toon package. I can definitely tell the difference in handling compared to the non-SPS toons I've driven in the past. Very happy with the whole package and i'm sure you will be too. Only options I wish I had are LED toe-kick lights and a subwoofer. I'll be adding them this summer.

Looks great, congrats!!

Back