Finally!

Butchkid

Reaction score
It arrived today and since it was 70 degrees and sunny, I took it out for a spin. It was beautiful! It was very smooth and way more graceful than I expected. It took me a few tries to figure out how to feather the throttle just right to get into the slip with the wind, but I finally got it. I can't wait to get back out there. I decided to mount the grill on the swim platform on the back so I have plenty of room, and it is away from the cushions.

WOW!!!! Looks great...I know how excited you must have been to finally take it out on the water. I'm hoping I'll have the same chance this weekend!

It does look really nice, know you are glad to finally have it and out on the water! Assume that is Lake Grapevine - if so, will probably see you soon.

Yes it is. Don't be shy if you see me out on the lake. It's supposed to be 86 degrees on Thursday and Friday, though it's also supposed to be windy. The wind intimidates me a little because it makes parking in the slip a challenge to do by myself. I just need more time behind the wheel to get my confidence up.

I hope to be out Friday afternoon - will be looking for the sleek looking black Bennington with an inboard :D

Understand about the wind. Getting our boat back on the trailer in 15-20 mph wind (usually a crosswind) is an adventure!

Is your marina the one in Flower Mound or one of them near the dam in Grapevine? I use the Meadowmere ramp in Grapevine which is directly accross the lake from the Flower Mound marina.

I hope to be out Friday afternoon - will be looking for the sleek looking black Bennington with an inboard :D

Understand about the wind. Getting our boat back on the trailer in 15-20 mph wind (usually a crosswind) is an adventure!

Is your marina the one in Flower Mound or one of them near the dam in Grapevine? I use the Meadowmere ramp in Grapevine which is directly accross the lake from the Flower Mound marina.
Silver Lake, by the Gaylord near the dam at the far east end. I like it there, and they are rapidly improving it. I'm on a new dock thanks to the boat fire they had there. They are also building a new place to eat which is always a good reason to take the boat out.

Beautiful ride! Love the dockage too. Temps in the 80's! What's not to like! We're looking at another month up here. Enjoy yourself.

Back