Forum Cost

I've always thought this forum sells a lot of boats for the Bennington dealers. It sold me on our Bennington. Excuse me, the PEOPLE here on the forum sold me on Bennington.

The other thing I really like is Bennington shows their pricing online. Most of you know this, but you start playing around with the boat builder, and before you know it you're hooked and buying a Bennington!

Both were brilliant moves by Bennington.

No question the forum members promote the sales of a lot of boats, but they also help buyers find a good fit for their needs. For every hour the customer spends in the showroom, he/she also typically spends several hours away doing homework. Sometimes we give the dealers grief, but in their defense I can't imagine being knowledgable on 5 or 6 boat lines. Our dealer does a great job, but the vast info here still allows us to get the jump on them at times.

It doubled my boat payment! Definitely a huge factor in selling a lot more boats with a lot more features. I don't think Bennington or most dealers realize it though. 

I would probably still have my old boat if it were not for the forum (we talked about new boat, but just in passing).  My Benny dealer is kind of out of the way to the cabin and we there are no other Bennys on our lake, so I didn't know what I was missing until I got on the forum.  So yes, the forum cost me a lot :) .  I also think the forum saved me money in some ways because I was making educated decisions.

The forums is also good for new buyers to understand how good of a company Bennington is.  Real world experiences about how well they handle warranty work, etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always thought this forum sells a lot of boats for the Bennington dealers. It sold me on our Bennington. Excuse me, the PEOPLE here on the forum sold me on Bennington.

The other thing I really like is Bennington shows their pricing online. Most of you know this, but you start playing around with the boat builder, and before you know it you're hooked and buying a Bennington!

Both were brilliant moves by Bennington.
I don't know Kay.......for me playing around with the Boat builder made me NOT want to buy another boat! Haha! When the price started to get into the $60/$70K (more than my first house) and up range.........I shut the computer off!

for us it was the club event that sold us on the upgrade. Talking to the engineers and getting facts vs. someone looking for commission was nice. Also being able to water test and see about every option available in person was very valuable. Who knows, if they would have had one in 2014 I may have been on my 3rd new bennington in 3 years!

for us it was the club event that sold us on the upgrade. Talking to the engineers and getting facts vs. someone looking for commission was nice. Also being able to water test and see about every option available in person was very valuable. Who knows, if they would have had one in 2014 I may have been on my 3rd new bennington in 3 years!
It was the club event that also sold us on our upgrade..

Hopefully someone from bennington is paying attention!

What is this club event you speak of? Is it an annual event?

2013 was the last year they did it. They didn't get the turnout they expected.

Maybe with the brand continuing to grow the turn out would be better.

Bennington really needs to promote this forum on their website. This forum would have made them a lot more money if I knew then what I know now. I have been very well educated on Bennington boats just from reading post on here. Also it shows that you didn't just buy a boat but you also bought into the Benny community.

The Members of this forum are the most knowledgeable sales people Bennington has

I have had every question answered and explained in detail by the members here

What is funny is that these amazing people are here:

Giving of their time

Getting no financial gain 

and promoting The Bennington Product every second of every day !

I am grateful for the support and knowledge that is given 

Midnight%20Mirror%20Reflection%20Pittsburgh%20North%20Shore%20Reflection-XL.jpg

Well said!  The forum guys helped me from making a bunch of bad decisions when we were buying our boat.  Except for the motor.  But that was 100% my fault.  It was a case of SADS.  Stupid and dumb syndrome.  Not ONE person here told me to go with the 115, but I did.  I eventually learned a very expensive lesson.  I try to pass that on whenever I can, as convincingly as I can.  It was thousands $ down the drain.  Had I only listened to the wisdom of the forum...

I heard that the turnout wasn't very good, but in the same sense, for those that did go, all that information was passed on to this forum and has helped MANY make a more informed decision. I would like more than anything to have been able to go, but the late notification of when it was, plus the extreme expense for us poor Canadians to make it there made it unreachable. My dealer said this weekend that maybe they would either bring me, or send me as their representative this year, not sure if it will work, but dang I better get a passport just in case!! I would love to be able to talk to, and thank the people that made my boat. I wouldn't bring the wife, she might take a swing at them for continually coming out with new and amazing products!! :)  

Back