Front shade

Remediation

Reaction score
Lake Cumberland KY - White Oak Community Dock
We had the kids down to Lake Cumberland and our Daughter has a 4 month old. We needed some shade to keepIMG_20200707_093526.jpgIMG_20200707_093528.jpgIMG_20200707_093512.jpg mom and baby comfortable. I built a $100 front "Bimini". It actually worked good. I left it up while we were tubing and it handled the speed without a problem.

We had the kids down to Lake Cumberland and our Daughter has a 4 month old. We needed some shade to keepView attachment 27325View attachment 27326View attachment 27327 mom and baby comfortable. I built a $100 front "Bimini". It actually worked good. I left it up while we were tubing and it handled the speed without a problem.

That looks like a pretty simple and easy to implement idea for when you will have special guests such as your daughter and grand baby. Thanks for sharing the idea.

Nice solution. How are the poles attached to the deck?

I use 2" PVC and a toilet flange ( the grey piece) as a base. Right now it is just tied on with 3/16 line to the cleat at the base of the PVC. I will use zip ties the next time to free up the cleats for docking ropes. Used adapters at the top that necked down to 1.5" pipe for the cross beam. Drilled and used hitch pins to keep the crossbeam from pulling apart. Takes about ten minutes to erect and 3 minutes to tear down. We had a thunderstorm coming one night so I took the solar cloth off and laid the pipes down. It's kind of tacky but it really worked well.

Back