Fuel Gage not working Batteries not charging

1BadassMarine

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I have a 2016 G22 with a F90LA Yamaha motor. This spring my fuel gage quit working and I later found out that my batteries are not charging! I performed the usual test for the sending unit. Ordered a new sending unit. Nothing. Still pegged on full. Two new batteries. New power cable going from the engine to the batteries. Every connection has been cleaned multiple times. I've taken the battery switch apart and cleaned that. The anode is still good. All the fuses on the engine are good. The ground connection between the fuel sending unit and the battery is good. I ohmed out the pink wire between the gage and the connector on the sending unit and that is good. No damage to any of the wiring harnesses. (i.e. muskrat, mouse, etc...)
I'm at a loss wondering what to replace next. I'm thinking that the voltage regulator is gone. I'm hoping that if I replace that, the fuel gage might come back as well as the batteries start to charge again.
Any thoughts?

What is the resistance reading between the pink wire and ground (black wire)? If it is between 30 - 240 ohms, then the gauge is bad. I had the same thing happen to me this year. Filled the tank last fall so didn't think much when the gauge was at full, but then noticed after a few trips, the gauge still was pegged at full. I measured the resistance and found it to be ~120 ohms. Added fuel and the resistance went to 35 ohms, so the sending unit is fine.

See My post

Back