Fuel line replacement

Papoon

Reaction score
Hi folks!

First post but have been lurking, learning and searching.

Getting close to finishing out the year with our new to us 2016, 20SLX with f90 la motor.
As part of the winter maintenance, I want to replace the fuel line and primer bulb.

I have noticed the line coming from the tank to bulb is 3/8 inch (9.5mm) and the line from bulb to motor is smaller but unmarked.
Do I just buy a bulb and two different size hoses to make up a replacement?
Don’t want to go to dealer as I am not liking them lately and I am more of a hands on owner.

Thanks.

Hi folks!

First post but have been lurking, learning and searching.

Getting close to finishing out the year with our new to us 2016, 20SLX with f90 la motor.
As part of the winter maintenance, I want to replace the fuel line and primer bulb.

I have noticed the line coming from the tank to bulb is 3/8 inch (9.5mm) and the line from bulb to motor is smaller but unmarked.
Do I just buy a bulb and two different size hoses to make up a replacement?
Don’t want to go to dealer as I am not liking them lately and I am more of a hands on owner.

Thanks.

I cannot be of technical help, but I did want to congratulate you on your first year with the boat and being here in the forums. Welcome aboard captain.

As for the technical stuff, I will leave that up to our smarter hands on members. ;)

Why do you want to replace the lines at 4 years?

Why do you want to replace the lines at 4 years?

I just noticed that when you replace the fuel/water separator, it is often bundled with a primer bulb. The rest of the fuel line is easy so I figured it would be a good idea.
I tend to over maintain my Cars, motorcycles and now a pontoon boat!
When do people usually do this item?

I just noticed that when you replace the fuel/water separator, it is often bundled with a primer bulb. The rest of the fuel line is easy so I figured it would be a good idea.
I tend to over maintain my Cars, motorcycles and now a pontoon boat!
When do people usually do this item?
Welcome ! Maintain yes ! But if it isn't broke don't "F" with it ! 3 Bennington's and never replaced it.

Back