Fueling issues revisited

hapehour

Reaction score
I have a 2012 22ssl with the aft lounge and the below deck center fuel tank. I still can`t get fuel in this boat. I checked what I can see and get at concerning the vent line. I even put on some waders and got under the boat but not much to see there. It looks like the vent must be in the filler port, every time we put fuel in it just burps out. We did try to shift weight around the boat to change the tank angle but no changes. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks ahead of time..

I usually add fuel with 5 gal cans at our dock but in the past when filling at a station I put the nozzle in upside down and pumped slow. It seemed to work. Also, you are correct in notng the vent is in the filler neck. In some other forums, a couple of guys changed to a separate external vent and it seemed to solve their problem.

I usually add fuel with 5 gal cans at our dock but in the past when filling at a station I put the nozzle in upside down and pumped slow. It seemed to work. Also, you are correct in notng the vent is in the filler neck. In some other forums, a couple of guys changed to a separate external vent and it seemed to solve their problem.
This is the route I am thinking of taking because I just cant get to pump to flow slow enough.

I may look at different brands of filler necks but a satalite breather looks like the way to go.

I bought one of these Siphon hose and can put 20 gals of gas in the boat in 5 minutes.

Back