G/R/Q Front Corner in seat coolers

Chris Z

Reaction score
As Bennington starts to make changes to their website to better illustrate their 2014 models I noticed that this has suddenly appeared as a standard item. I've never seen anyone mention these corner coolers before.

To add to this I was looking at a YouTube video of a new 2014 G25 GCW and as the guy was wandering about talking up the boat he suddenly pulled up on the starboard bow corner seat and there it was. Twenty seven quarts of self-draining (overboard) cooler. A Q series video mentions that the cooler is in both corners.

Anyone have any information about this? Is this a mid 2014 change? I only ask this because there was no mention of this feature at our local boat show a month ago. 

I know it has been listed on the RCW spec sheet since early December .( that is when I got PAD'S) 

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it has been listed on the RCW spec sheet since early December .( that is when I got PAD'S) 
It's on the spec sheet for my 2275 GCW as well. Since my boat hasn't been built yet I'm thinking that I no longer have to find a place for a cooler.

Agreed ,nice feature to have .

Question now is ,how well is it insulated ? Or is it just a just a sealed seat base with a drain hole ?

Any one have one ? Pics ?

Here's the link to the sales video that shows the corner cooler. 

It also show the new Co-Captain Lounge and the dash done with the reasonably new matte walnut finish.

(Apologies in advance to the moderators... I have no connection with these folks at all. They just posted a video on YouTube that illustrates a few of the newer options, one that we're discussing in particular. No hard feeling if you want it removed)

Thanks ,it looks like they put a liner in the seat base .I hope they insulated it .

Did you notice the price ?

Just barely over 10% off list .

Guys,

Don't get too excited about this one. It is more like a drained ice pan than a cooler. It is not insulated! I have it on my Q25, thought it would be really handy at first, but realize it's not very functional. I think on a hot day, a full load of ice might last an hour. Thinking of removing it a regaining the storage capacity.

Guys,

Don't get too excited about this one. It is more like a drained ice pan than a cooler. It is not insulated! I have it on my Q25, thought it would be really handy at first, but realize it's not very functional. I think on a hot day, a full load of ice might last an hour. Thinking of removing it a regaining the storage capacity.
Thanks,good to know .

Guys,

As long as it drains overboard it will work for me. Remember, I'm up here in the North East. Our summers don't last that long and they're not that hot.  ;-)

Does your Q have them on both sides?

Just on the starboard side

I picked up my boat yesterday and noticed the cooler. I haven't checked it out, but I don't see how it could be insulated, too little room between the liner and the seat base. It has a drain and plug, and I noticed that it is screwed down in a couple places into the top of the base frame, where the gutter is. It doesn't appear to limit storage there, looks like a good location for an anchor and rope. Without insulation it won't hold ice long.

My dealer said that too about it being not insulated and he also doesn't expect them to last long here on the Surface of the Sun (aka, dry rot, crack after), though I suppose if it happened early enough, it should be covered by the warranty; though I never asked my dealer this to confirm that.

I had a similar set up on my first boat, a bowrider. It's not insulated very well and as soon as the ice melts and the water drains out whatever you have stored in there won't stay cold very long............

Does any one know if there is enough room to insulate them our self's ? Get some of the hard foam type . I know a friend of mine just did his pole barn with it, and has some left over .

Also is there a lid or is the bottom of the seat the lid ?

Jack I can't imagine how you would gain access to do that short of taking the entire seat off and turning it upside down

On my SLX the seat base was one piece .I could have accessed it from there . Oh well no big deal .

Update on built in bow cooler.

This weekend I was doing some work on the pontoon and removed the cooler "tray", underneath it, it is insulated with about a 1/2 inch thick foam surround.

Perhaps it will work for what I need .

Perhaps...

Back