Garmin 743 vs Simrad Go7

dclboater

Reaction score
Any opinions on which you would recommend or pros / cons? As some of you may know from my other posts, they have been struggling to get the digital Vee Three gauges working 100% on my boat and have offered to replace with either of these if I prefer.

Aside from which is best for features, visibility, usability - would either be an easier install given I already have the Garmin Stryker fish finder in the current setup?

I am not familiar with the Garmen’s, so I cannot give comparative feedback. I really like the Simrads for gps/mapping and data layout options, etc. It’s fishfinding abilities are not as good as other options from what I hear from others (we don’t fish…).

If you’d only be using it for data gauges and mapping, I think the Simrad is a great option. Others may know that particular Garmen or ideally be able to give you a comparative run down of the two in case the Garmen is a better overall option. I just don’t know…

I am not familiar with the Garmen’s, so I cannot give comparative feedback. I really like the Simrads for gps/mapping and data layout options, etc. It’s fishfinding abilities are not as good as other options from what I hear from others (we don’t fish…).

If you’d only be using it for data gauges and mapping, I think the Simrad is a great option. Others may know that particular Garmen or ideally be able to give you a comparative run down of the two in case the Garmen is a better overall option. I just don’t know…
Thanks for the input! I also do not fish (at least not off of the boat), so the gps/mapping and general features such as ease of viewing in daylight, gauge clusters, etc. is most important. Based on your experience it seems like the Simrad would be a good option for this and I've seen other posts with some examples of how to set up the screen.. Seems like this may be the way to go unless the dealer would happen to have more experience with Garmins.

Back