Garmin Striker 4 Location

Armycopter

Reaction score
Hi I want to install my striker 4 on my 20SL but not sure where to mount it. Anybody have pictures of theirs? Looking for suggestions. Thank you.

I don’t have a striker but I mounted my Garmin in the console to the right of the wheel. It’s not the perfect spot as it can be difficult to see when not sitting in the drivers seat. But, it works for me and doesn’t block the use of anything else.

Attachments

• 20D1B96D-D802-4B68-A1D2-DB4A0F169D25.jpeg
    20D1B96D-D802-4B68-A1D2-DB4A0F169D25.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 94
Thanks for the reply, I would like to mount it in that location but there is already a built in depth finder there. I wish Bennington left a little dash space for add-ons like fish finders and VHR radios. I may just have to get creative.

Can you post a picture of your helm and dash areas currently? It can vary a lot across Bennington boats, so that might help generate some good ideas too. I have a picture of my helm below for what its worth, but mine is a different layout, so it may not provide any ideas for you with yours.

E4487F8A-840C-427C-BFA5-4C2C38B449B1.jpeg

Hi here is my helm thank you

Attachments

• CB5F7A3B-68D8-4CD8-94CF-B3E160C4A50E.jpeg
    CB5F7A3B-68D8-4CD8-94CF-B3E160C4A50E.jpeg
    115.5 KB · Views: 99
Hi here is my helm thank you
Relocate your current gauge (depth?) currently on starboard side by throttle to next to 12vdc power port on port side. You then will have lots of space. I added a Faria depth gauge next to 12vdc port on last 2 Bennys and it works out great! That gauge shouldn't be hard to relocate. As you can see in my photo it looks factory.IMG_4432.jpg

The Striker 4 has depth. Why not just remove your existing and just use the Garmin?
Maybe mount it just to left of your depth gauge, looks like there might be enough room.

I really like where you have that mounted. I think I can move the depth finder that’s already installed. I like the thought of having a backup so I’ll prob keep both.

I really like where you have that mounted. I think I can move the depth finder that’s already installed. I like the thought of having a backup so I’ll prob keep both.
Because depth readings sometimes are unreliable, I glance at both Garmin fish finder and Faria depth gauge to see if they agree. I need to lower transponder for Faria as it doesn't read properly above 15 mph and gets lost and flashes last reading. Our rivers have lots of rocky areas that can eat props. :oops:

I moved my radio/media center to the right of the steering wheel, and flush mounted my Garmin where it used to be.

Attachments

• Radio on Left.jpg
    Radio on Left.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Radio moved to right.jpg
    Radio moved to right.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 59
Looks good Swiftv8!

Pretty typical installation to the right of the wheel on an SX, S, and SV model.

Attachments

• 2021-01-09 11.44.06.jpg
    2021-01-09 11.44.06.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 63
Unless you are idle, a depth gauge is useless while underway. By the time it reads shallow it’s usually too late. Pro-tip, learn your waterways and don’t explore for the first time at higher speeds.

this past weekend I saw two boat not paying attention to the channel markers and run their boats up on a sand bar. Both had a boat load of passengers that could have been hurt.

Can you post a picture of your helm and dash areas currently? It can vary a lot across Bennington boats, so that might help generate some good ideas too. I have a picture of my helm below for what its worth, but mine is a different layout, so it may not provide any ideas for you with yours.

View attachment 27566
That is SWEET with the Simrad and Gauge combination!

Relocate your current gauge (depth?) currently on starboard side by throttle to next to 12vdc power port on port side. You then will have lots of space. I added a Faria depth gauge next to 12vdc port on last 2 Bennys and it works out great! That gauge shouldn't be hard to relocate. As you can see in my photo it looks factory.View attachment 27568
how did you mount the garmin, mine has a swivel mounting brkt that makes it stand up I like the flat mount look yours has

When I upgraded my Garmin to a larger model I had my dealer install as a flush mount as I wasn’t comfortable cutting into the fiberglass

When I upgraded my Garmin to a larger model I had my dealer install as a flush mount as I wasn’t comfortable cutting into the fiberglass
yes I am not either but there has to be holes behind it for the power and transducer cables. I wonder if they glue it as I see no way to mount it flat..

I think they used an optional in dash mount kit and that is what holds it in place

Back