Garmin transducer 4 pin adapter cable?

RunningYld

Reaction score
My transducer decided to see how deep the water was by sinking to the bottom of the lake and I need to replace it. The remaining cable had a sticker with a replacement part # (010-10249-20) so I ordered that part number from Cabelas.
There is some type of extension or adapter cable coming out the back of the boat that has a threaded connector so tab A doesn't fit with slot B.
The new transducer has with a push in a boot style end. I can plug the transducer into the back of the head unit under the helm but would have to fish the cable above the under skinning and through the deck or find the correct adapter which I can't find online and am looking for help from the group.

New transducer endtransducer end 2.jpgtransducer end 1.jpg

End I need to plug into. boat end 1.jpgboat end 2.jpgconnector.jpg

Does anyone know where I can find an adapter to get the two ends to connect? I'd like to avoid cutting the ends of and swapping them with a splice or running the new cable through the boat.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I have called Garmin in the past ,they were very helpful

913-397-0872 ,1-800-800-1020

OP what is picture #5, is that the original set up? If so, it's pretty clear that the original TD had a threaded vs. push female end which doesn't jive - is the male port on your chartplotter also threaded?

Looking at the OEM extension cable for a 4-pin (below link) it looks different than whats on the boat now, so you have a bit of mix and match going on which you already know.

I couldn't find a 4-pin push to 4-pin screw coupler - not to say it doesn't exist but probably very low demand for such a product. Best bet if you don't want to fish the wire through the hull again is to consider splicing the ends. Still a lot less effort even if not ideal.

Pic 5 is the original connector. Pics 3 and 4 are one half of that connection going to the chartplotter. The other half goes to what is left of the old transducer cable. The wire tore so I'm not sure if there was anything between the tear and the transducer or if the original TD had a threaded end.
Since I found a tag with a replacement part number I'm assuming there was some type of adapter that I'm unable to locate.

After numerous phone calls and google searches I gave up finding the unicorn adapter.
Spent 4 hours on Saturday fishing the new transducer cable to the helm. Took 2.5 hours to get the fish tape from a freshly drilled hole under the helm across the boat to the port side. Peeking between the rail and the bottom of the deck and pushing the fish tape across required numerous backyard engineering attempts.
8 feet is a long gorge to cross when anything thin enough to fit between the rail and the bottom of the deck doesn't allow much rigidity for control. A thin veneer board (was like pushing cooked lasagna noodles) with a 2 inch hole across the boat to snag the fish tape pull it back, only to have the fish tape fall out of the hole mid way. Had to bend a screw, tape it to the end of said board and use it to hook the tape and slowly pull.
My buddies teenage son thought his old man and I were total morons. Valuable lesson for him. Its only a stupid idea if it doesn't work. He saw a few stupid ideas until the genius of a wet noodle board idea came together.
The rest was creative wire hiding and strategic zip tie locations.
I now know the water was 77 degrees yesterday and up to 135' deep but more importantly 2' deep where we anchored for the afternoon.

Just a question …. whyd you drill another hole instead of dropping down thru existing harness bundle exit in floor?
Luckily I didn’t have underskinning, but I did run mine while standing in 4’ deep water when I changed my last transducer.

The existing wire bundle went in between a different set of floor joists/crossmembers that an angle iron stiffener in the rub rail blocked access to.

Someone will make a lot of money if the can invent a transducer that doesn't require wires. Honda figured out a way to make the bed of their pickup truck into a speaker, so I have to imagine where there is a will there will be a way.

Someone will make a lot of money if the can invent a transducer that doesn't require wires. Honda figured out a way to make the bed of their pickup truck into a speaker, so I have to imagine where there is a will there will be a way.
I'd buy one just to have on hand right now. Total pain in the rear to rewire.

Something running a bluetooth/local wifi connection? Hmmm….how wonderful would that be. Especially for those with under-skirting.

Back