Gate won't stay in holder, piece at bottom of gate came off

gigem

Reaction score
I guess someone tried to open the gate in the wrong direction, and the small plastic piece at the bottom of the gate that catches in the holder got knocked off. Now the gate really won't stay in the holder correctly. The slightest force, wind, waves, etc. knocks it out.

My first reaction is go to Home Depot and find a piece of "something" that will fit the space and then epoxy it onto the bottom of the gate. Before I do that, I thought I'd ask here to see if there was any other bright ideas on how to fix this.

No pictures, forgot to take them last time I was on the boat.

Like SLXGUY said get another one at the dealer. If he doesn't have any you can always remove it and put a shim or some washers underneath it to raise it a bit so the door catches it then reattach it.

Temporarily, see if you can find some of those horizontal mini blinds, I think ,THINK, the little plastic piece that you mount on the wall would be close maybe?? Might make do until the proper one comes in

gigem Go to Pontoonstuff.com look under hardware I think what your looking for is there.

Back