Getting A Little Nervous

StevL

Reaction score
Tomorrow is my wife’s annual girl’s day out on the lake.

The past few years I’m good with it since our boat had some age and a little wear and tear. But this is her first time out alone with our new Bennie!

I’m going to try enjoying the day flying but it may be over our lake :rolleyes:

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
Tomorrow is my wife’s annual girl’s day out on the lake.

The past few years I’m good with it since our boat had some age and a little wear and tear. But this is her first time out alone with our new Bennie!

I’m going to try enjoying the day flying but it may be over our lake :rolleyes:

Steve
Relax, It's her boat also and she is probaby more concerned than you. My wife had her Bunko group on the boat for a weekend last month. The ladies had a hiccup (not a new boat) and they did great. I got the phone call but really could only give them some things to look for. My wife likes not being in charge but will stepup and make it happen. Good women do that.

Don't sweat it she'll be fine! Besides..........you have insurance! :p

Every single time we have gone out on our boat in the 5 seasons that we have had it........ we have done it together. My wife was boating/skiing since she was 7 and has alot more experience than me. I wouldn't have any qualms about her taking the boat out w/friends at all. The only thing she hasn't done is hooking the Expedition up to the trailer in the marina storage yard and driving it to the ramp and launching the boat. That...... is a total team effort!

Jill can do lots of things

well but she has a horrorible time backing a trailer. She overthinks it and it just doesn't work. Our ramp is several hundred feet long and she has solved the problem. She asks for help and somebody that knows what they are doing always steps up to help a group of ladies. :)

My Mrs. can drive the boat just fine but gives it up when it comes to pulling up to a beach or docking but she can show up the best truckers with her backing skills, Got me a good farm girl who loves manual transmissions and pulling trailers.

She totally amazes everyone who sees her backing us in and out every weekend with the toon at the docks. :p

Great day, everything went perfectly. Now she has two new customers for our Bennington dealer! Two of the ladies couldn't get over how nice the Bennie is, one is ready to ditch her pontoon and "move up" B)

Steve

I understand your fear, Kathy has a girls day with the neighborst as well. First year with the new Benny, not so afraid of docking but also food and drink stains and what happened as a result of last years one over-indulged result as well :rolleyes:

Back