Gorgeous day to put the boat away.....

BigKahuna

Reaction score
Gorgeous day in Carolina! Mid 60's and sunny! Took our boat for a ride to get the oil warm. This is probably the latest I've been out on the boat in a season. Got back and the marina put it on foam blocks so I could change the oil and the lower unit grease. First time doing it on this outboard. Easy process! I gave the cowling, body and lower unit a good waxing! Also waxed the panels and all aluminum. I also plugged the onboard battery charger in and the marina will take care of that tomorrow. IMG_20221128_150200671.jpgIMG_20221128_121309445.jpgIMG_20221128_121304972_HDR.jpg

....and remove the anode in front of your transducer? Yes this is your grandmother speaking!

:p

Sad day for sure, wish you guys could run 'em all year!

You lie. There is no gorgeous day to put a boat away. Any day the boat gets put away is a crap day …. ;)

....and remove the anode in front of your transducer? Yes this is your grandmother speaking!

I'm a freshwater guy....so I must ask "Why?"

Gorgeous day in Carolina! Mid 60's and sunny! Took our boat for a ride to get the oil warm. This is probably the latest I've been out on the boat in a season. Got back and the marina put it on foam blocks so I could change the oil and the lower unit grease. First time doing it on this outboard. Easy process! I gave the cowling, body and lower unit a good waxing! Also waxed the panels and all aluminum. I also plugged the onboard battery charger in and the marina will take care of that tomorrow. View attachment 33709View attachment 33710View attachment 33708

Always place the blocks directly under the weld seam or end cap, this is where max strength is. I have seen tube damage from improper placement.

Crap! I keep forgetting to do that! But I will be going back to the boat every first of the month to charge the batteries so I'll do it then. Charging of the batteries aren't allowed in the storage area so they will bring it out to the wash rack and block it up!

I'm a freshwater guy....so I must ask "Why?"
Potomacbassin suggested that I remove the sacrificial anode that is directly in front of my Sinmrad transducer that is probably creating turbulent water and affecting the depth reading at speed. I just haven't done it yet! But I will!

Always place the blocks directly under the weld seam or end cap, this is where max strength is. I have seen tube damage from improper placement.
You know I actually asked the forklift guy and he said that it was fine in it's position. It was about 2 inches from the end of the tube.

You know I actually asked the forklift guy and he said that it was fine in it's position. It was about 2 inches from the end of the tube.
He's right for the temporary cleaning situation, but for the long term, insist they be placed correctly!

Not to discriminate against forklift people, but think about it. He has no skin in the game, often the easy solution is the choice.

Not to discriminate against forklift people, but think about it. He has no skin in the game, often the easy solution is the choice.
Ain't that the truth!!!
You should see some of the stuff we get with forklift damage.
Many operators don't care about anything except their next high.

Crap! I keep forgetting to do that! But I will be going back to the boat every first of the month to charge the batteries so I'll do it then. Charging of the batteries aren't allowed in the storage area so they will bring it out to the wash rack and block it up!

I'll probably be down on Lake Norman next October for a bass tournament... maybe we'll swing on by your cove and pop it off for you!

I'll probably be down on Lake Norman next October for a bass tournament... maybe we'll swing on by your cove and pop it off for you!
Damn! NEXT October?!? Let me know when you come down! Hopefully I'll have it out by then. Ha!

Damn! NEXT October?!? Let me know when you come down! Hopefully I'll have it out by then. Ha!

It's the year-end regional... never fished or been to Norman so you'll have to give me some tips! Most guys will probably just pitch large metal jigs into your docks, in between pontoons, get hung up on carpet, cables etc. I know many waterfront owners despise us tournament guys, we can be pretty brutal! 200 boats coming your way!

It's the year-end regional... never fished or been to Norman so you'll have to give me some tips! Most guys will probably just pitch large metal jigs into your docks, in between pontoons, get hung up on carpet, cables etc. I know many waterfront owners despise us tournament guys, we can be pretty brutal! 200 boats coming your way!
There are tournaments here all the time! Always see the bass boats flying around this lake. I'm sure most people here are used to it! So many nooks and crannies to fish here!

Back