GPS Fish Finder Chart Plotter

Nielsen's

Reaction score
I got the nod to purchase myself a father's day gift today after finding bottom while looking at my phone GPS map. Luckily, it was muck bottom so my gift does not have to be a new prop. :p

Does anyone have suggestions for a GPS Fish finder/ Chart Plotter?

I got the nod to purchase myself a father's day gift today after finding bottom while looking at my phone GPS map. Luckily, it was muck bottom so my gift does not have to be a new prop. :p

I didn't get the nod yet but also interested in a gps that's compatable with the transducer that's already there for the garmin fishfinder. This way I wouldn't have to run a new cable.

Just ordered the Lowrance Mark-4 Chartplotter/Fishfinder w/83/200khz Transom Mount Transducer from Amazon for our new Bennington 22SSI.

RiverBill

I have the factory garmin 431s chartplotter fishfinder in my 2075 GL . Its O.K. But I have heard hummingbird has better bottom imaging. The Garmin fits nice in console thou. Hoss

I have the factory garmin 431s chartplotter fishfinder in my 2075 GL . Its O.K. But I have heard hummingbird has better bottom imaging. The Garmin fits nice in console thou. Hoss
Hoss, how well does it work gps wise? I don't care about fishing and I think that will fit nicely in place of my Garmin95 fishfinder that came with the boat.

I have the 431 as well. I do not fish so I have no comment to the fisherman on the forum.

I grew up on our lake so I know it really well, I do not need it for navigation although I have played with the "charts" many times. I think it works nicely although I think a 5 inch(or larger) screen would be a big benefit.

We will be using it later this year on some rivers and the intracoastal, that will be our big test.

The 341 does fit the G series console very nice... custom made fit.

To my knowledge the Garmin transducers are not interchangeable.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
The factory Garmin 431s fits great in place of the garmin echo 100 or 95 . Just bigger hole it already has inland lake maps loaded on it. With all the depths and waterway buoys markers . I love to do rivers and its great for those and lakes. tells all the depths to help navagate all of them. Good choice. The 431s is 4 inch screen the 531s is 5 inch screen . but 531s might be too big to fit in console. If anybody has 531s maybe they can tell you fit. But somebody told me will fit but hard to connect not room for connectors in back.

Thanks Hoss.

I just purchased a Humminbird 788ci Hd Combo this spring. I really like it! Paid $618.00 for it New off Ebay and it works great. Built in GPS helps with those danger zones and creates a comfortable feeling when out cruising Lake Chaplain. I did have to purchase navionics SD card to get the detailed maps I wanted. The loaded maps don't show allot and no depth. I purchased the $149 card from Gander Mountain plugged it in and off we go! Good Luck and have fun!

I have a 788 CI HD DI , the chartplotter, gps, down imaging unit. It's awesome. Posted some pic of it installed on a thread I had humminbird GPS. Purchased new online dec 2011. Think it was $799

Last edited by a moderator:
Back