Have You Looked at Non Ethanol Price Today ?

BigD

Reaction score
Now I'm pissed. Went to our local station to get a biscuit minutes ago, and regular gas was down to $4.09. Diesel is $5.69. Non ethanol is now $5.89. We can't win.

I paid $6.59 last week on the street

With my brother in law last night, he paid $6.05 on the street.

But how was the biscuit? Gotta look for the silver linings these days.
It wasn't any good either. Lol. But I needed one before washing and scrubbing the house windows. New AC yesterday. That was only $12k. But at least we're cool now. Ha ! You can cut the humidity with a knife now. But I'm sure you know that in Va..

It wasn't any good either. Lol. But I needed one before washing and scrubbing the house windows. New AC yesterday. That was only $12k. But at least we're cool now. Ha ! You can cut the humidity with a knife now. But I'm sure you know that in Va..

A good biscuit is hard to find, I'm partial to Bojangles of all places. Get me a good breakfast in the morning and I can tackle the world!

AC has been failing everywhere it seems this year, lots of friends and family losing capacitors, fan motors etc. I've lost it several times in the past 10 years, twice because of these fancy-pants ECM blower motors that supposedly save you a few bucks in electric but fail more frequently and cost $$$$ to replace. One of the lessons was to buy a window shaker so at least one room can provide some relief while the parts are on order. Nothing worse than no AC in the summer on the East Coast.

Partial to Biscuitville. Even on the way to a nice boat ride.

AC had a big hole in the coil. 14 years old. Time for a new one. Dual stage, dual fuel installed. That's why it cost so dang much. Probably will outlast me. Ha !

Are you on Lake Anna ?

Topped off my boat at $6.99 lakeside marina yesterday. No drop there, but not sure about roadside fuel.

Our AC was down for a week in the 90’s back home 3-4 weeks ago. Kinda similar to Poto above. Crazy expensive energy efficient system put in 8 years ago. I swear we have more ticky tack issues…and limitations…than any ”normal” system we had ever had before. Can be frustrating.

Meanwhile, we put a basic system in our rental home 6 years ago (as well as our cottage 5 years ago) and those pretty much just hum along just fine. Go figure.

Partial to Biscuitville. Even on the way to a nice boat ride.

AC had a big hole in the coil. 14 years old. Time for a new one. Dual stage, dual fuel installed. That's why it cost so dang much. Probably will outlast me. Ha !

Are you on Lake Anna ?
Yeah! +1 for Biscuitville! He is on the Potomac river in N. Virginia!

Yeah no Biscuitville for me unfortunately, sounds like a place I would probably live at!

We also need to get a Raisin Canes up our way, and a Publix. You guys down south have all the good spots!

Yeah no Biscuitville for me unfortunately, sounds like a place I would probably live at!

We also need to get a Raisin Canes up our way, and a Publix. You guys down south have all the good spots!
Never heard of a Raisin Canes. We have Publix, but don't go there. Too high. Food Lion or Harris Teeter for us.

Just replaced our 11 year old unit. Just under 12k but I did pay extra for a 12 year parts, labor, and freon warranty and they are 24/7 7 days a week. Hopefully the company stays in business!

But you guys have Wegmans!!! We never bought groceries there. We just went there to eat! Ha!

Before leaving Virginia we replaced our 2nd zone unit in the attic. What a PIA! They had to take the air handler apart and bring it through an access hole in my wife's master closet. It was 16 yrs old!

One more thing...... All you guys changing out your HVAC units. What brand did you all go with and why?!? When we had our house built I wanted a Trane system. But several HVAC guys/friends I know told me that alot of the systems use the same parts, capacitors, compressors, etc. So the parity between the systems are pretty even. With that being said we went with Goodman when we had our house built. (Our Goodman 2 zone HVAC units lasted 20 and 16 yrs. in VA.) So we will see how it does here in NC.....

We went with what they had/could get, Ameristar by American Standard. We priced a Bosch high efficiency unit, but it was $19,700 plus it would have been Friday, July 1st on the install and be a more difficult install. I was told the same thing about a lot of the parts are the same between brands.

Replaced a failing AC unit 10 1/2 years ago with geothermal ($30 grand - 30% tax exclusion). The heat exchanger in in the lake. Only one problem so far with expansion valve failing at 9 1/2 years (fully covered under warranty, just barely within the 10 year limit). Initially, unit was costly with marginal payback, but looks great now with no maintenance cost and electrical power up about 30% in ~10 years.

We have a Bojangles nearby...guess I should try them...

Back