Hello from Louisiana

Roland

Reaction score
Hello everyone. My name's Roland and my wife and I live just outside of Shreveport, Louisiana. In our mid 50's, we bought our very first boat a little over a year ago. We strongly considered a bass rig since we both enjoy fishing, but because of age, physical limitations as well as the comfort factor, we decided on a pontoon. Ended up buying a 2010 Bennington 20 Sfi with a Yamaha 75 4 stroke. Should have done this years ago.

Roland

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard Roland. Think I have seen you on another forum. This is a new place with more people coming in.

Welcome aboard Roland. Think I have seen you on another forum. This is a new place with more people coming in.
Hello Roland "from the other site." Nice to have you here!

Hey Roland - welcome. Meant to tell you about this Bennington site but kept forgetting.

Everyone - Roland has at least twice as much pontoon experience as me (1 year vs 6 months). He asks great questions on another pontoon site from which I have learned lot :D Pretty soon he will be the "expert" I go to for answers!

Again, welcome Roland.

Hey Roland! Where you been?

Hi Roland, Kathy and I have a similar situation, we bought our first boat [1998 deckboat] in our mid 50's and just upgraded to our Bennie this year. Wish we knew about the lake prior to this but have since then tried to make up for lost time by also buying a small cabin and spending just about every weekend at the lake.

BTW we celebrated our 50th birthdays together in New Orleans and had a great time, loved Louisiana

Back