Helm Chair

Geo75

Reaction score
I would like to lube the slides on the Helm chair. Can the chair be taken off the stand for this?

Depending on the chair likely you have a Springfield Marine seat base. You should be able to look under and loosen the clamp and/or remove a stop for the slide to allow it off the track to clean/lubricate.

Thanks, the reson I was trying to remove the chair from the base is the slides are frozen and won't move even with the lock bolt loose. I thought it would be easier if the chair was off the base.

When you get under it you'll see the construction is fairly modular, where the base and pedestal is separate from the seat base, and seat base separate from the chair itself. This allows manufacturers to mix and match different seat styles and options for sliding, height adjustment, swivel and of course removal for repair or replacement. Just screws or bolts.

Good luck!

We removed the seat base from the pedestal, then the pedestal from base - due to salt water it was corroded and just needed a good cleaning and lubrication. - put all back together and works fine now. It was a pain getting it all removed, a lot of spray lubrication and rubber hammer!!!

Hello, did the seat base bolt to the pedestal or unlock and pull off? I am not near the boat now.

Back