Heres a non slip tip

iToon

Reaction score
OK,

Here's the setup, we had been out all weekend holiday in and out of the lake and we do not slip our pontoon we trailer so, I was just finished with getting the toon on the trailer, I stepped off my Hustler trailers' non slip steps onto the tongue of the trailer, and about fell in, it seems the trailer was extremely slick when under water and I just hadn't noticed til then.

Well, we went into a local outdoor sportsman shop (Here its Dicks Sporting Goods) and picked up some skateboard stick tape the sales guy told us about, was 6 bucks a sheet and I sliced the sheet into 4 long pieces, used some alcohol to clean off the residue on the tongue, applied the strips and voila! no more slick spots. we went out today for the first time with this and it was great, no slipping when standing on the trailer tongue submersed.

Thought I would pass it on to those who trailer.

iToon

I did the same thing to my trailer before it ever saw the water as I saw that problem before it had a chance to get me hurt or anyone else for that matter. Most hardware stores and automotive parts houses carry the non slip tape too.

Back