High and Dry

DanOnTheRiver

Reaction score
The Tampa Bay area has been without rain for a while and the river behind my house is about as low as it can get. We're expecting rain soon and eventually the boat will be floating, just in time for hurricane season! Obviously, this is not our boating season.

Attachments

• IMG_20240605_075025.jpg
    IMG_20240605_075025.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 56
On the east coast the canals in our community have virtually dried up and the lakes are the lowest I have seen since got here. Fortunately rain expected later this week

That Sucks! Our lake is up 6 or more inches in Wisconsin boats are floating of the lifts. Ha!

Wow, and I thought our water was low in Delaware.

We'll start to get some rain soon, as hurricane season has started. But our main boating season is anytime except summer. It's generally too hot and the weather too unpredictable. All of the other months though are great. Same with my motorcycle. It's just too hot in the summer, but anytime else, it's great.

Wow that’s sad. I remember seeing that in California with the droughts. The water level on the lake was very high this spring but is back to average now.

Wow that’s sad. I remember seeing that in California with the droughts. The water level on the lake was very high this spring but is back to average now.
It's not really a big deal. We live on the river, the boat is in the backyard and we can go out in the boat whenever we wish throughout most of the year. The low river is seasonal and expected. Wildlife increases greatly in the summer because of the additional exposed shoreline and we love to watch their increased activities. We actually have a few duck houses in the back and every year Black Belly Whistlers nest, lay eggs, and we get to watch the baby ducks jump out of the boxes.

Back