Hope this is a good thing, time will tell

prd2hnt

Reaction score
Just wow... good for the team that hung on after the recession. Great people all of them.

I'm not sure how this will shake out..... I don't understand the desire to sell. They are making money hand over fist as it is. Oh well.

Plus, Polaris already had a marine division that closed. I still have one of their PWC's and love it.

Will probably end the chances of hanging an evinrude off the tail end much longer

Sure didn’t expect this. Hope it turns out to be a good thing and the Bennington Brand, quality etc. remains the same.

Technically Viking is now on a Polaris product!! Time to sell those skippy doos and buy a new 850! :) LMAO!

I'm not sure how this will shake out..... I don't understand the desire to sell. They are making money hand over fist as it is. Oh well.

Plus, Polaris already had a marine division that closed. I still have one of their PWC's and love it.
They actually had negative cash flow for some of the year, also the threat of another recession may have been factors in their decision.

:cool:Or it could just have been as the song so eloquently says- Money, Money, Money, Moneyyyyyy. Love that song.

This was really disappointing news. I am a through and through BRP fan. Made sure I had an Evinrude on my boat. Would never purchase another manufacturers ATV/Snowmobile/PWC. Thought I was safe in the boating industry by buying a Bennington. For those that are not deep in the power sports industry Polaris is having some serious quality issues, they are currently dealing with issues related to fires in their ATV/UTV's. In two years, Polaris vehicles were involved in 247 fires, three deaths, plus 30 burns and other injuries. More than six lawsuits from burn victims are pending. Almost every one of their product lines has had a major recall over the past year. The most recent being a recall for weld failures. From a motor standpoint, I don't see anything changing there, the motors available today will be their tomorrow. Sure Yamaha and Evinrude(BRP) are major competitors in the other power sports products, but Polaris doesn't build an outboard motor. What I do see is Polaris pushing their production methods onto Bennington. Not sure if the result will be a good one.

We have to tread carefully. This is now a Polaris Forum. What did I just write. I still can’t believe it. The Vogel’s wanted Polaris so I am sticking with them as they have proved they know what they’re doing.

Will probably end the chances of hanging an evinrude off the tail end much longer
I don't think motor options will change. Evinrude(BRP), Yamaha, Honda, and Suzuki all compete against Polaris in some fashion in either the snowmobile, ATV/UTV, or motorcycle market. Can't kick them all out.

We have to tread carefully. This is now a Polaris Forum. What did I just write. I still can’t believe it. The Vogel’s wanted Polaris so I am sticking with them as they have proved they know what they’re doing.
Most likely more of a money talks scenario than they know what they are doing. Personally know one of the other 3 companies that were bidding to buy them. They also knew exactly what they were doing and in fact held market share in many of the other categories that Polaris competes in.

Most likely more of a money talks scenario than they know what they are doing. Personally know one of the other 3 companies that were bidding to buy them. They also knew exactly what they were doing and in fact held market share in many of the other categories that Polaris competes in.

Here is the thing no one knows how this will play out long-term. However, what I do know is that Vogel’s built the best pontoon company in America. I have owned three of them and loved them all. I will continue to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. And yes money always plays a factor and I don’t just mean cashing out for the Vogel’s. Bennington is going through unprecented growth and capital is king when needing to retool and expand to meet demand.

Last edited:
If the new boats are crap, our old ones are worth more....

But I truly hope that does not happen. Hoping to own another Benny someday.

If the acquisition is anything like others in the past they’ll most likely be leaving well enough alone and look at an overall opportunity. obviously I’m a Polaris guy but own an Evinrude and Skidoos (darn wife!) I actually at one point had stakes in the power sports business. Most people probably don’t know Polaris also owns Indian, partial ties with KTM and acquired Klim clothing company all of whom are doing quite well. I understand the concerns listed here and I’m sure a few of us are die hard one way or another and could argue it to death but let the dust settle before jumping to any conclusions and follow the transition thru. Bennington didn’t get this far with bad decisions and they had every opportunity to go another direction if they didn’t feel good about this transaction.

I don't think motor options will change. Evinrude(BRP), Yamaha, Honda, and Suzuki all compete against Polaris in some fashion in either the snowmobile, ATV/UTV, or motorcycle market. Can't kick them all out.

Hello mercury!!!! Mostly tongue in cheek. I agree with you. Don't think you buy the best pontoon brand in the business and then limit the buyer of a potentially very expensive boat on motors. I just hope the forum stays put. Not sure I'd know what to do with my free time

Hello mercury!!!! Mostly tongue in cheek. I agree with you. Don't think you buy the best pontoon brand in the business and then limit the buyer of a potentially very expensive boat on motors. I just hope the forum stays put. Not sure I'd know what to do with my free time

Exactly, they’re not going to do that.

Technically Viking is now on a Polaris product!! Time to sell those skippy doos and buy a new 850! :) LMAO!

Hey now, you teasing me and my Ski-Doo’s? I also someday hope to get a Sea-Doo or Two. LOL

On a more serious note, I am always concerned in a buy-out/take over situation. This worries me, but I will hope for the best - that being that Polaris does not tamper with a good thing - Bennington (it’s quality, design, etc...). Polaris...ugh. ;-)

The Vogels are very smart people, know exactly what they're doing, so somehow this was part of their strategy. The 20 or so core people that hung with them should do ok and most will stay around, which protects the company and customers. The announcement said Jake will still run the Bennington companies, at least for the time being.

I wish them all nothing but the best. They've worked hard for it.

Back