Horse Power

turkeysub

Reaction score
I bought a new 24 foot Bennington. Want to cruise around lake, pull skiers, tubers etc. Boat has a 175 HP on it. Question...this is my first pontoon and I know little about HP...but is the 175 HP enough-adequate? Will it get me to roughly 35mph? Thanks in advance for thoughts. Really appreciate it.

Yes it should, depending obviously on toon condition (algae) and number of passengers.

Welcome turkeysub! Lettuce and mayo or deluxe? As for the new Benny, congratulations! You should have all the power you need to have fun on the water. Post some pictures when you get a chance.

I bought a new 24 foot Bennington. Want to cruise around lake, pull skiers, tubers etc. Boat has a 175 HP on it. Question...this is my first pontoon and I know little about HP...but is the 175 HP enough-adequate? Will it get me to roughly 35mph? Thanks in advance for thoughts. Really appreciate it.
Which model Bennington? I’m assuming it’s the sps package?

175 is plenty for what you want to do. More is always nicer, but 175 will for sure get the job done. Fully loaded up with gear and 8-10 people you may not hit 35, but most of the time you’ll be able to just fine - assuming you have a full length tritoon (SPS or ESP), and clean pontoons.

Back