How often do you use your boat?

kaydano

Reaction score
We've put about 25 hours on the motor and 14 trips out since the beginning of the season (Memorial Day). How about the rest of you?

Still figuring out where to put stuff. Hate always asking people to stand up while we're underway so I can get stuff out from under seats. We put pool noodles along side the driver's chair up against the fence. A bracket for the fence holds them in place (a natural fit) and extras are bungeed to that bracket. I keep buoys in the slanted seat back storage on the front aft couch. Tow Sterelite bins under the helm are great for tools, rags, spray bottles of Fantastic and 303, bunge cords, extra ropes, garbage bags, duct tape, a few wrenches and screwdrivers, knife, air pump, etc. One seat has a removable cushion (not hinged) next to the captain's chair (but on the port side of the boat) and we put the tube and tube rope in there since it's close to the back of the boat. Right now, porta potti in the changing room (SSL has the double wide single rear lounger). Two anchors at the far front of the boat, one in each couch. Life jackets seem to be all over the place. Poles for the cover in one of the front couches. We try to leave one as empty as possible to throw shoes into. Bimini boot goes in with the buoys since we seem to use them at the same time. We have a few ice cream pails for the beach and small-stuff storage, but with the bins we have under the helm, those are really not needed anymore.

This may seem like a lame thread, but we've moved stuff around the boat SOOOOO many times just trying to figure out what works best, I thought I'd troll for more suggestions...

This is our second year pontooning. Last year we bought our 22sfi as a holdover and had it in the water 1st of June. Pulled it early August. We keep our boat on a slip all season 40 minutes from our house, so getting to the boat is easy for last minute cruises. The boat doesn't have an hour meter, but we do get out 2-3 days a week. The lake is 13 miles long, so some days it gets a workout, some days are casual, (Beach days). We've been out almost as much as you have with maybe about the same run time.. It's definitely a big part of our lives in the summer. We too have shifted things around a bit, and do some of the same things you do. It's just a matter of figuring out what works for you and your boating style or needs. We don't show up with shoes at the boat. Sandals or water shoes up to the gate, then it's barefoot on the boat. I have carpet. The sandals store easy. If you lack room for a big day, leave for mooring cover and poles in your vehicle for the day. It will free up room.

How does your boat perform for you? I'm looking at a setup similar to yours next year (24sl) with your setup or the new Merc 150 4 stroke and XL 3 tube package.

BTW, it's not a lame thread at all. Jay.

We try to get out at least twice a week. The past 5 days we have had a fair amount of rain :( We are now at 48 hours on our new boat, of course there is swim and float time.

Storage, tough question.... what works for you.

Steve

We put on 30 hours since Easter. We were getting out quite frequently until nuclear summer hit. We keep our rig in a slip five minutes from our house so access is easy.

I still want to get individual seat covers so we can easily take a couple of them off in seconds if we just want to sit at the dock for an hour without dealing with the full PP cover.

I am organized similar to you I do need to get some additional organizer bins to use under the console.

Since we are so close I haul some things as needed like inflatable accoutrements.

Kaydano, I use Sterilite containers also. Carry most of the same stuff. This year I got out my label printer and marked everything that was in each box. Saves ALOT of time looking in multiple boxes. Steve

We bought the 22SSI June 1 2012, we have 27 hrs on it. Our house is on the lake so we are on the water 3 days a week. Boat is in for it's 20 hrs service right now, back on the water tomorrow.

RiverBill

Been out at least every week minus repair down time.

Storage- bUy a rcw, too much storage.

Front left couch backrest- holds garbage can, tote to left with extra bags and wet wipes.

Front left couch hold 3 large bumbers and rope.

Front left corner holds 2 anchors and rope, one being the small slide anchor.

Right front corner- emergency throw cushion, and designated shoe storage.

Right couch- ski jackets and inflatable rafts.

Under helm-s ince it locks- one latching tote that hold sweeper, power inflator, misc charge cords, hats, and sunglasses. Soft side bag to store and protect mahogany cup holders. Usually also keep cooler in there.

Couch next to helm- towels, etc.

Back rest- clothes in dry bag, purses, food, and food cooler.

Back loungers- changing room, porta potti, ki ropes when in use. Power inverter, Bimini and engine covers.

Center toon storage- playpen cover, quick grab five pack of life jackets. Water toys- towables, loungers, etc. playpen cover poles, cash of fishing poles and tackle box back pack.

Missing family and still plenty of room.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've had our boat out at least once a week since the beginning April. Friday will be our 13th time on the water this year.

As far as storage is concerned...........we manage to get all of our gear "that is needed" under all of the lounges and seats. At the beginning of the season I went through each storage compartment and got rid of the stuff that wasn't being used. (You'll be surprised how much crap you have that you don't use) The only items I have out and behind the Captains seat up along the fence are throw pillows (for emergencies and we use them to float on) waterskis, wakeboard, and my telescoping pole/hook...............

Back