How to access the PMX radio next to swingback

Derek Cormier

Reaction score
I have a 2021 QX swing back and both PMX radios are peeling like everyone else’s! I contacted the dealer and they put in a warranty request to replace them and it was approved. Both head units are going to be replaced. My question is how to access the radio next to the swing back seat. My boat is in the water and the dealer is over 2 hours away so I asked the dealer if they could just send me the new radios and I would swap them myself (I am more than capable of doing the switch and know a lot about Stereo systems, plus I don’t wanna trailer it to the dealer just for this swap) the head unit near the steering wheel is simple, I just don’t know how to access the head unit next to the swing back! Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Mine did the same. The chrome part on the cupholder spins off. Then unscrew the cupholders to gain access. There are thumb screws under the panel that need to be removed. Then the whole assembly lifts out and you can unscrew the radio

Mine did the same. The chrome part on the cupholder spins off. Then unscrew the cupholders to gain access. There are thumb screws under the panel that need to be removed. Then the whole assembly lifts out and you can unscrew the radio
Thank you!! Seems easy enough!

Back