How to Transfer Warranty?

ugleeual

Reaction score
My time as a Bennington owner is coming to an end. The buyer is asking how to transfer the remainder of the boat’s 10 year warranty and the Yamaha Y.E.S. engine warranty... any ideas if this is something the buyer does or the seller? Thanks in advance.

My dealer transferred mine last year .

Bottom of the page , phone or email

This is on page 2 of the warranty statement .

" TRANSFERABILITY: For BENNINGTON boats that are used for non-commercial purposes, the above limited warranties may be transferred once by the original purchaser during the term of the original warranty. Once transferred, the subsequent purchaser will be covered by any remaining terms left on the original warranty, with lifetime coverages capped at 10 years. The original term of the warranty will not be extended. The warranty transfer must be completed through an authorized Bennington dealer for the warranty to transfer to the subsequent purchaser."

The paragraph above. You’ll need to have it transfered to the new owners through a Bennington dealership. I’d call your closest dealer and see if it’s something you can do over the phone, or if you have to come in with some paperwork.

Back