I am through with Bennington

myv10

Reaction score
Last year my new SFX boat was wrecked on delivery, by the dealer, it needed a pontoon replaced which the dealer agreed to do at no cost to me. The dealer told me to use the boat thru the summer and the pontoon would be replaced after the season. Well, the boat was put in the water today, by the dealer, and upon my inspection the replaced pontoon was the wrong one. Mine had the SPS package, the one replaced didn't have the performance foil and had a different splash shield. Of course the dealer said he would make it right but I am stuck with an expensive boat I can"t enjoy. I guarantee the dealer will blame Bennington for not being able to supply the needed pontoon. This is a new boat!!! I am too old for this stress.

So dealer did not notice it was the wrong pontoon before they put it on? Really and I mean really. Sorry for your experience I understand your pain.

Before going off the deep end, double check with the dealer and make sure they didn’t get a couple toons in and installed yours on someone else’s boat. I’m sorry for your issue and hopefully dealer steps up, but I’m thinking your title is out of frustration, and hopefully you rethink it after discussing options with your dealer.

Contact Corporate Bennington, they are very concerned about keeping their customers happy. I had a problem with my boat (bimini) and the clueless dealership. Once Bennington got directly involved, the issue got resolved very quickly to my 100% satisfaction. It does sound though like the dealership is at least trying to do something to fix the problem.

Someone knew it was wrong, Stevie Wonder could have seen the difference, I am still trying to figure out why they thought I wouldn’t notice.

That is the right question. How could anyone even try to get away with that. If I was you, I would be on the phone to Bennington directly. Not a funny topic but your line above cracked me up.

Just use it (or another dealer supplied boat) until everything is right!

Sorry to hear about your situation. I can only imagine your frustration. The fact it is so obvious would just cause my blood to boil. As you said, I too would be thinking “why they thought I wouldn’t notice.”

I experienced a similar situation, so I can relate. It was settled to my complete satisfaction.

This topic is on notice. Should it get out of control, it will get poofed. Notice has been made.

P
I won’t use the boat because it won’t handle like it should. I used the boat last year after the dealer wrecked it, I paid for a new boat and I want a new boat.
I understand. I don't blame you. Hopefully he has a comparable boat you can use so you don't lose any water time while this situation is rectified. Can't believe nobody noticed the mistake before you noticed it. Pretty poor.

Absolutely terrible! I agree with you 100%, you paid for a new boat and that’s what you expect. It’s all about your dealer and their commitment to customer satisfaction. Not to mention “attention to detail” and “quality control.”

Contact Corporate Bennington, they are very concerned about keeping their customers happy. I had a problem with my boat (bimini) and the clueless dealership. Once Bennington got directly involved, the issue got resolved very quickly to my 100% satisfaction. It does sound though like the dealership is at least trying to do something to fix the problem.
I totally agree with this. Sometimes things happen between the customer and the dealer and after attempts to resolve directly with your dealer do not work, Bennington has an amazing and responsive customer service team. They respond almost immediately with great support. My experience is they are there for the customer.

So sorry about all of the frustration this has caused. I'd be fuming, too. I haven't had to think about this kind of problem yet, and hope I never do. I'd have to point my finger at the dealer. I had a problem with a Bimini boot when I first got my previous Bennington, but the dealer happened to have a spare, and gave it to me that day. I love my Benny. So much more visual quality compared to others that I've compared them to. I sure hope something is said/done by the dealer or Bennington Corp. that will lift your spirits and get you back on track to a great summer. Wishing you the best!

I experienced a similar situation, so I can relate. It was settled to my complete satisfaction.

This topic is on notice. Should it get out of control, it will get poofed. Notice has been made.
I realize this is more of a dealer problem than a Bennington problem. I will reach out to Bennington for their assistance. I have owned Bennington since 2002, but I let my frustration get the better of me. Thanks to all on this forum for your support.

The dealer screwed the pooch here hard and repeatedly.

Have them put you in a nicer demo boat until it is fixed.

I also had an issue with a replaced tube that I damaged within 5 days of having the boat. Same thing I used the boat through the season and the dealer replaced the tube when I had the boat winterized. Most of my issues were created by Bennington but not noticed by the dealer. Although my problem was not near as bad as yours I understand the frustration. When my replacement tube came in it was missing the rear lifting eye, the transducer box on the rear was missing, and the biggest problem was the front eye on the tube was much lower than the other side. I was pretty frustrated with the quality control on Bennington's part. I'm happy to report my dealer made it right and looks exactly as I would have expected it to from the beginning.

Last year my new SFX boat was wrecked on delivery, by the dealer, it needed a pontoon replaced which the dealer agreed to do at no cost to me. The dealer told me to use the boat thru the summer and the pontoon would be replaced after the season. Well, the boat was put in the water today, by the dealer, and upon my inspection the replaced pontoon was the wrong one. Mine had the SPS package, the one replaced didn't have the performance foil and had a different splash shield. Of course the dealer said he would make it right but I am stuck with an expensive boat I can"t enjoy. I guarantee the dealer will blame Bennington for not being able to supply the needed pontoon. This is a new boat!!! I am too old for this stress.
Well this story might have a happy ending, I contacted Bennington, who contacted the Marina. The General manager of the dealership got involved and 3 days later I had a new pontoon on my boat and it is the right one! Yes I was lied to by the sales manager but I did get what I paid for. The dealer took a pontoon off of a 2018 and put it on my boat. I don't believe this would have been done without Bennington's help. The general manager did seem a little irritated because I called Bennington. Took the boat out on the lake today and really enjoyed the day.

Back