I love to pull up to restaurants in the Benny.

Spoiledrotten

Reaction score
The first is at Table Rock Lake in Branson, MO.
The second is a new restaurant on our reservoir and the third is at the new restaurant from the second pic about two weeks after they finished a great looking breaker style dock system.

What pics can you share looking out from the restaurant?

3F1E7763-0D2B-4CAD-B4B3-42716F7E568D.jpeg 31A1F54A-03A2-4BD1-8DA9-EEFB60D944D9.jpeg F9D9C095-ADA2-4B2E-909A-F2792DC2607D.jpeg

C6E30DFD-8105-4649-BAFA-B0FC14F5C5D3.jpeg 9C67AD0C-98EF-440C-8134-E1126717652D.jpeg

Here is the community dock in Stuart. From here we’re a short walk to numerous restaurants and shops and the Sunday farmers market.

This is form this past week. Limberlost restaurant on Houghton Lake, Michigan. I was up there for dinner with my daughter listening to live music. However, we didn’t boat up there, so our Benny is not docked out there in this picture.

9FC6716F-A942-4702-B857-B83330DCA151.jpeg

We are very fortunate to have several dining options on Lake Granbury.

First two pictures are of Stumpy's & Lake Granbury Marina.
20180411_175818(0).jpg
It is highly unusual to see this dock so empty. It was a weeknight (and bass fishing tournament soon to begin behind us.)

20180527_124042.jpg
Stumpy's gas dock.

20180429_175610.jpg
Dining at The Mesquite Pit. In our neighbor's Bennington (center.)

20180825_193704.jpg
Dining at The Point restaurant on Lake Texoma.

We stopped for ice cream at the only "open on Monday" restaurant on our lake last night, but I failed to snap a photo!

Really no boat-up restaurants on Rough River Lake (Army Corps lake), unless you count the state park lodge, which is ... well ... ok... and quite a hike from the dock.

Hi all. Thanks for sharing all the great pics. We’re fairly new to boating but our first is an ‘04 model 2250RFS. We’ll cruise over to Tilly’s Tiki Bar Grill on Lake Hartwell (Georgia side) sometime next month & will share pictures from our outing. Thanks again and have a great evening everyone!

Hi all. Thanks for sharing all the great pics. We’re fairly new to boating but our first is an ‘04 model 2250RFS. We’ll cruise over to Tilly’s Tiki Bar Grill on Lake Hartwell (Georgia side) sometime next month & will share pictures from our outing. Thanks again and have a great evening everyone!
Tilly’s is fun but the galley at Portman marina Is the best restaurant on hartwell.

Good deal, we’ll make sure to checkout the galley @ Portman ASAP. We just moved into the area in mid June & eager to learn so thanks for the heads up!

IMG_0316.JPG IMG_0317.JPGLooking out from the Boathouse Grill on Lake Norman. Yup that's "Big Kahuna" in the middle .....

Dang I was thinking that we never get pictures of the restaurants that we visit on the river. I guess I will have to now!! ;)

While I often wish I was on a lake with a restaurants etc... I also enjoy that there are no restaurants, no houses no nothing around or on Jordan Lake. State owned land. I now hope they never develop it. The only thing on the lake are a few camp grounds and recreation/beach areas.

If you at Portman’s try Nami as well. Best sushi in the upstate by far. Also The Grill at Clemson Marina is a great lunch spot but a long trip from Hartwell.

While I often wish I was on a lake with a restaurants etc... I also enjoy that there are no restaurants, no houses no nothing around or on Jordan Lake. State owned land. I now hope they never develop it. The only thing on the lake are a few camp grounds and recreation/beach areas.

That's like Lake Ouachita in Arkansas. Absolutely beautiful, but very little development. No houses at all, just a couple of big marinas. We spend most of a week up there every fall and just love the solitude. Almost no boat traffic, fall colors, stunning sunsets.

On the other hand, we also enjoy cruising the high-end lakes like Lake Conroe in Houston and Lake Travis in Austin. Beautiful multi-$million dollar homes, 'comfort-food' restaurants (offset by lots of boat traffic).

I guess that's one advantage of being trailer-based - variety!

Kevin, that’s what we enjoy. Traveling around to the different lakes within about 600-700 miles, one way. Lots of adventures, exploring those that we’ve read about.

North Shore Lounge, Houghton Lake, MI. Fun atmosphere, good beer and passable food. That's our Benny just to the right of the sign.
IMG_1976.JPG

good beer and passable food

Is it just me, or is "good beer and passable food" about as good as it gets for dock-front eateries? Not that I'm complaining, mind you...

Now after seeing all these pictures I'm jealous... the grass is always greener....

Back