I saw this bad boy hanging off the stern of a Benny yesterday

were-gonna-need-a-bigger-boat-gif-2.gif

I just drueled down the front of my shirt.

My goodness. I cannot even imagine running that motor. Very cool!!!

at least $100 per horse, and probably more than that considering a V8 motor of that size. i wonder how that would compare feel wise to 2 x 250's or 2 x 200's, both moving and back deck usage, seems like would be better for back deck swimmers, i wonder on performance / feel.

My 300HP Yamaha was much lower than $100 per horse 2 years ago after discounts. More like $65 per 100 horse. Not sure what the price point is with the 425.

PRETTY SWEET! Would still rather have the Verado 400R

Not sure what discount is on outboards ... The XTO will be available in gray, white, or unpainted (for color customization by a boat builder), and in 25-, 30- and 35-inch shafts. Retail pricing will start at $44,000. :eek:

Not sure what discount is on outboards ... The XTO will be available in gray, white, or unpainted (for color customization by a boat builder), and in 25-, 30- and 35-inch shafts. Retail pricing will start at $44,000. :eek:
without discount that is real close to the $100 per horse. actually a little higher.

Why can I buy a “complete” car with that much horsepower for less? Rhetorical. I know. It doesn’t have the “marine” adder.

I doubt we will ever see one of those on a pontoon. That motor weighs in at 1000lbs, talk about having the nose out of the water.

I doubt we will ever see one of those on a pontoon. That motor weighs in at 1000lbs, talk about having the nose out of the water.

Yes you will. Bennington has already made videos with the 425 on their boats. It an option to add the 425 in the boat builder for specific 25 models. It does weigh a lot but you will see it on a pontoon.

Last edited:
Yes you will. Bennington has already made videos with the 425 on their boats. It an option to add the 425 in the boat builder for specific 25 models. It does weigh a lot but you will see it in a pontoon.
They offer twin Yamaha f350's and twin verado 400's in the 10' wide model. They collectively weigh in at over 1000lbs. Not much different than a sterndrive model really.

What my dealer has told me Bennington does with some of the heavier motors is they add weight in the bow to counterbalance the weight of the heavy motor.

At 662lbs, I'll stick with my 350 Verado!

They offer twin Yamaha f350's and twin verado 400's in the 10' wide model. They collectively weigh in at over 1000lbs. Not much different than a sterndrive model really.

What my dealer has told me Bennington does with some of the heavier motors is they add weight in the bow to counterbalance the weight of the heavy motor.

At 662lbs, I'll stick with my 350 Verado!
So that's when you add the sand bags to the front ......

Back