Info on 2009 Benny 2275 RLIGN

Samson0254

Reaction score
I am a new owner of the listed tritoon with a Yamaha 150 outboard. I am unable to start the engine. When the switch is turned to “start” there is no sound at all and no current to the accessories. The battery shows no corrosion and testing indicates that the battery is good and is 99% charged. Battery connections are tight. The kill switch is in place and the throttle is in neutral. I understand that if a battery switch is off I’d get the same result however I can’t find a battery switch. Does anyone know if this model tritoon has a battery switch and, if so where it is located? Any other troubleshooting suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Take a peek under the seats for a battery and master switch. My dual batteries and switch are under the rear of the lounger opposite the captains chair.

Battery switch “should” be close to the batteries in line with the positive cable. My R had a master switch on the helm. Does yours? Did you check for power there?

I have a 2011 2275 GCW and my battery switch is mounted inches from my battery which is under the left side rear lounger. (Or the port side rear lounger for the purists. ;) )

Last edited:
Check the breakers also .

If no battery switch, there's a main breaker somewhere on-line with the main run of the positive battery cable.

First image is the entire wiring schematic, second image is the battery area (upper left) enlarged.

Screenshot_20200930-184451.png

Screenshot_20200930-184405.png

Many thanks for the replies. There was a battery switch near the battery (only one battery) but I did not initially identify it as such. It appears that it had been struck with something rather heavy (perhaps a battery) and broken. We determined that current was going from the battery to the switch but was not going beyond the switch since it had apparently been broken in the "off" position. We circumvented the switch and obtained power to the boat but the motor still wouldn't turn over. We poked and prodded at the starter and suddenly the motor turned over and started. My more mechanically knowledgeable friend believes that the starter had simply seized up. I am thankful for this forum. I'll have many other questions and help requests in the future. I'm in the process of cleaning the boat. When finished with that I intend to take it to a local marine dealership to have the motor checked out and maintenance brought up to date. Looking forward to getting in the water. Thanks again.

Back