Intermittent power

ChrisPaul

Reaction score
I recently bought a 2012 Bennington Q2575. I’m having an issue maintaining power to the accessory switches and all the switches on the dash. My Master Power switch always has power and is on. But the rest comes and goes in very random intervals. One thing I also notice a lot is when the radio is turned up really loud it tends to kick is off and on repeatedly. I have 2 batteries, and I’ve tried switching from 1 to 2 and even to 1&2. Batteries are good, terminals are good. Fuses are good. Has anyone else experienced this or have a recommendation for me to check? Thank you!

Sure sounds like something loose behind the dash. Have you checked for that?

Sounds like a loose ground
I’m brand new to boats. But went underneath and didn’t notice anything loose. Nothing pulled off easily and I pushed everything in that it was connected to. There is a lot of mess of wires under there and it’s difficult to track back. Should I check something in particular? Thank you.

Old boat = loose or corroded connections are likely the culprit. Will take a lot of tracing out, but sometimes you can "jiggle" wires or pull-push them to see if you can replicate the loss of power. That helps narrow down the general area, then you can really dig in and check/clean each one.

BTW sorry about the Finals, better luck next year!

Check the wires on your breakers also .

I have this issue with one of the breakers. The breaker doesn’t open but has something loose in it. When it happens I wiggle the breaker and it makes connection again. Ordered a new breaker, just haven’t installed it yet.

Back