Intermittent Transducer

Matthewstm

Reaction score
To all, my transducer for measuring depth is intermittent (at best). Any suggestions? Or, any recommendations on a good transducer that can interface with my SIMRAD GPS.

Matthew by intermittent do you mean that your Simrad depth works until a certain speed than it shuts off?!? Mine works until about 18 mph than goes blank. I've tried changing the angle of the transducer and even moving the transducer itself but no matter what I have done the depth still shuts off about 18mph.....

Matthew by intermittent do you mean that your Simrad depth works until a certain speed than it shuts off?!? Mine works until about 18 mph than goes blank. I've tried changing the angle of the transducer and even moving the transducer itself but no matter what I have done the depth still shuts off about 18mph.....
At speed it goes away but NEVER comes back!!

Mine goes off and never comes back unless I set the system back to factory setting.

is their a better traduce that doesn’t turn off

At speed it goes away but NEVER comes back!!
Mine has never done that. As soon as we drop under 18/20mph it starts reading again....

Mine goes off and never comes back unless I set the system back to factory setting.

is their a better traduce that doesn’t turn off
I don’t recall anyone describing this sort of problem. The fact that it does not come back until you do a system reset of some sort makes me think something is not working properly: hardware or software issue of some sort…? If this is a newer boat under warranty (sounds like it), I am thinking this might be worth getting checked out. Maybe transducer, maybe a defective Simrad.

I would agree with Vikingstaff with a software or hardware problem if you have to re-set the device to come back on line. The only time our garmin has a issue is when we get into a heavily weeded area ( water depth is 12 feet but weeds all the way up to 2 feet from the surface) and it starts flashing. Once we clear the area, it locks back down on depth.

Just curious. Are there different places that the transducer can be mounted? Dealer choice maybe that can cause this.

Back