Is the height on this seat adjustable?

gigem

Reaction score
These are pictures of the seat base on my 2010 Bennington 24 SLi. I sit pretty low in this seat. I'm 6' 3". Is this seat supposed to have adjustable height?

I don't think so, but there are a few levers on there.

If not adjustable, are there any reasonably priced ways to upgrade to an adjustable (or just taller) seat height?

Attachments

• 20211206_094648.jpg
    20211206_094648.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211206_094642.jpg
    20211206_094642.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 30
  • 20211206_094620.jpg
    20211206_094620.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 30
Before we ordered our new Bennington, we had a Yamaha jet boat that I sat very low in as well. I had researched getting an adjustable base so I could sit higher. This is the one that I was going to get. This manufacturer seems to make most of the nicest bases that come with the boats.

Springfield Marine 1250150-L1 Mainstay Regular 2-3/8" Air-Powered Pedestal - 14.5"-20.5", Slide & Swivel https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07D1DJ8VJ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_KAA46BDP52KK0JXQD7BT

Dang that looks perfect! I assume it's a bolt in replacement since it's the same manufacturer! Thanks for that.

Glad I could help! The sizing should be exactly the same and it looks like it fits your 6bolt pattern. Just double check the height requirements for this model to make sure they work for you. I do know they make other models that vary in their height. Best of luck!

Chiming in…thanks for the link. Gigem, IF you get his, can you report back if the bolt pattern lines up or if you had to drill ANY new holes? Thanks in advance.

Being an average height guy…something like this is an applearing consideration for me on my 2017 Benny; even with my raised platform. If bolts line up, it might become a must do for me.

As Jeff mentioned...it would be great to see how the install goes. We should hopefully have our boat delivered within the next month, but when we start to get out on the water in Spring I may want to do the same thing with the adjustable base. Being 5'-6", I did notice while sitting in the sport-clad back seat, that the 7" Simrad was cut in half to me by the top of the wheel. Even with my raised helm, would be nice to have that extra elevation

The bolts might line up but the old bolts have nuts underneath the decking. The underskinning hides them. Hopefully you can use the old base with the replacement post.

The bolts might line up but the old bolts have nuts underneath the decking. The underskinning hides them. Hopefully you can use the old base with the replacement post.
Oh…very good to know. Particularly since I have underskinning. Interestingly enough though, with my boat dry docked for extensive electrical system repairs since this past May, my underskirting is currently off. I wonder if I should take a chance on getting this, and just having the service department add putting it on to my repair job…or see if they will let me come into the storage facility to do it myself (maybe not an option due to liability concerns, but maybe worth an ask).

Thanks for pointing this out Remediation. Gives me something to consider sooner rather than later with my underskinning.

I bought this one in 2009 for my 2001 Benny. Amazon link Best $70 I ever spent on that boat. (I see the price went from $68 to $143 in that time.) At least with this model, you would have to replace the base which is probably a challenge for those with raised helms and/or underskinning. The bolt holes matched my OEM pedestal on my former boat so installation for me was pretty easy.
Wise pedestal.png

I may have posted this before, but consider an extender, that way you don't have to futz with changing any bases. Just slip the extender on over the original pedestal and done. Obviously not adjustable. Caveat - I personally have not used this nor have seen any reviews, but the concept seems simple enough. Hell a good welder could make this in his sleep.

I may have posted this before, but consider an extender, that way you don't have to futz with changing any bases. Just slip the extender on over the original pedestal and done. Obviously not adjustable. Caveat - I personally have not used this nor have seen any reviews, but the concept seems simple enough. Hell a good welder could make this in his sleep.

Nice food for thought as well.

Back